Divider Tank Worries.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rpgmomma8404

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So, my betta's finally got over their ich. They are a lot more active then they were and are not hiding all day. But now I noticed a new problem. The DIY divider I made has a small gap on both sides. I can't stick my finger through it so I figured the fish won't be able to get through it. Especially my bigger betta who is a chunker. My small betta usually ignores the bigger one but not anymore. They go to one spot in the back of the tank and try their like heck to get to each other. My bigger one is the more aggressive out of the two. I wonder if I should get him his own tank and put a female betta or another male that is more laid back on the other side. I do have them there own little hiding places to go in and they each have one plastic plant. I know they need more plants I just haven't been able to grab anymore. I don't want them to get to each other or stress out trying to get to each other. My only quick option is to put one of them in the 15 gallon with my swordtails and platy (yes I know the 15 gallon is too small for them, my boyfriend picked out these fish without discussing it with me). 

What size tank are they in?

What I would do, if I were you, would be to buy a bunch of plants (live or silk) and plant them near the divider so the plants would block their view, and, then plant it a bit more thickly by the gap.

Blondielovesfish said:
What size tank are they in?

What I would do, if I were you, would be to buy a bunch of plants (live or silk) and plant them near the divider so the plants would block their view, and, then plant it a bit more thickly by the gap.
Betta's are in a 10 gallon.

It's only one spot in the back of the tank they seem to really get going at each other. When they are in the front they can be both near the divider without hardly any issues but that is in the area where I feed them both so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. 

Great idea, I probably should have done that before I even bought the fish but I was excited about having my tanks up and running I wasn't thinking about it. 

:lol: 

Some driftwood could also work, just anything that blocks their view really.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back