Disturbing Conversation

that's good at least she can't come over ever day to tell you how bad all her fish are doing :)
 
Trust me I would love to smack her over the head plus other things, as for media sharing and going to her LFS, she lives in Suffolk, Im up near wolves, 4-5 hours drive away - hence why we dont see much of each other - thank heavens for small mercys.


Just phone her and tell her......

While your at it, why dont u bath the dog in bleach, feed the cat curry :hyper:
 
Just phone her and tell her......

While your at it, why dont u bath the dog in bleach, feed the cat curry :hyper:

Its not ok to feed the cat curry ?

bumhug_cat%20curry.jpg
 
Not everyone quarantines there new stock!

For sure, but if you have a running tank why not? Especially with the fish dealers around here, I began to QT after having some full tank die offs :(
 
Ha funny you should mention the cat, she has four of those american ragdoll cats (think thats what they are called) and they are enjoying jumping onto the tank lid to try and get to the fish :grr: A source of amusement for all the family :blink:
 
Your sister sounds like one of the people who seem to form a majority in our current society: the type that trust everything they're told by anybody in a shop, believes the first thing they hear or read (unless it suits them otherwise) and is generally incapable of questioning received information to form her own opinion.

Its laziness and recklessness ("if it goes wrong, its not my fault - so-and-so told me it would be fine") and the fact that so many people exhibit similar behaviour annoys me when I take the time to think about it.

I bet she reads the Sun and takes it all as gospel truth.


As for the side of you that wants her to fail - Minx, I couldn't agree more. Its not just vindictiveness - if she fails she'll either hopefully start to listen to you or give up the hobby which avoids putting other fish at risk.
 
Just keep your ear to the ground and buy her tank off of her when she gets bored of fishkeeping, you should be able to pick up a bargain ;)
 
BUY IT - pah, the woman has more money than sense, she will just give it me as she couldnt be bothered to go to the trouble of selling it LOL.

I give it til Xmas - thats usually long enough for her fads, plus that is hopefully the earliest she will be here again :)
 
Someone at work wants to buy a spare tank from me (10 gallon), and to be fair he has been asking me about the right way to set up a tank etc, but as soon as I mention Ammonia and Nitrites he gets this kind of glazed look in his eyes. Think he goes off to his happy place until my mouth stops moving. I'll make sure I supply the tank with seeded filter media anyway, I just have a suspicion they'll be 4 Arowanas and a RTC in there before the summer's over
 
some people are cureless and can't be helped. your sister sounds like one of them. i'm afraid all you can do is pray that she goes to h*ll before the fish do. that's what i would do anyway.
 
Not everyone quarantines there new stock!

For sure, but if you have a running tank why not? Especially with the fish dealers around here, I began to QT after having some full tank die offs :(
but if you are someone like me, who has never had problems of any sort with the fish they buy, why bother? it is recommended gear not essential.

Just keep your ear to the ground and buy her tank off of her when she gets bored of fishkeeping, you should be able to pick up a bargain ;)
a man after my own heart! :hyper:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top