DISSASTER

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

macpegg

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I woke up this morning to find my green carpet anemone gone.. Disappeard out out of side.. its so wierd.. he was so out n about last night.. How could this of happened, my pink anemone is loving it still.. im so confused. :sad:

Its no where.. the hood completly surrounds the top of the tank, so there`s no way it cud have escaped. im so gutted.. it was so nice..

its disapered?

you sure its just not floated/walked behind the rocks?

ste :)

i agree with ste2k3 on this, its probaly just out of sight behind some rocks or something. if u cant find it anywere at all after a thoro search of the tank the only i can think if is its died and when they do they turn to a gel

Its completly gone, it was far too big just to hide away behind a rock. 6 hours before i realised it was and everything im totally pissed off actually. the other anemone was only a 1/4 of the size, and the carpet anemone would of had the capablity of destroying that one.. just bewildered how that its gone without a trace.. no mush nothing, i`ve pulled things out. not a trace.

mac how long was it in the tank? did you recently add it?

i don't know much about carpets but when i researched bta's i read somewhere they can disappear into the rockwork before splitting/spawning.

you would be surprised ... if you have rockwork, it could have gone behind the rocks by the back glass and found a crevice you didn't know about. it's in there somewhere. if a ph got it you'd know bigtime. odds are overwhelming it is there somewhere. give it time to do its thing and check all water parameters to make sure nothing is stressing it out. gonna sound weird but put your hand in the water (tank, not sump) and test the temperature manually to make sure a thermometer didn't go out of whack to upset the temp in the tank...

If it died, you would see pieces of it. It would not disintegrate that quickly.

Sounds funny, but check your sump well.

I once put a Nemo in my tank. It was later at night, and my Tomatoe clown was bugging him bad. Because of the commotion, we couldn't get either out, so we shut down the lights. The next morning he was gone!! We figured the bigger clown got him. Two weeks later, I find him in the sump!!

GL

Great Lakes said:
If it died, you would see pieces of it. It would not disintegrate that quickly.

Sounds funny, but check your sump well.

I once put a Nemo in my tank. It was later at night, and my Tomatoe clown was bugging him bad. Because of the commotion, we couldn't get either out, so we shut down the lights. The next morning he was gone!! We figured the bigger clown got him. Two weeks later, I find him in the sump!!

GL
This also may sound funny but was it still alive :*)

Hazmat :)

Check the sump, behind the tank, around the tank.

It may have fallen into the sump, crawled out and hidden somewhere, then died.

It's a mystery. :huh:

Most critters dont just disappear. I recently added a firefish to my nano tank and he "disappeared", couldnt find him anywhere and I looked really hard for him.

Finally a day later I found him in a cave, and everytime I would put my face up to the front glass he would dart out a small opening in the back. Finally I caught a glimpse of him doing this out of the corner of my eye and realize he was still in the tank.

I thought he had been a suicide jumper and tore apart my livingroom suite trying to find the carcass, I MOVED everything trying to find him on the carpet, then I thought, maybe he jumped and one of my dogs ate him. But finally I found him in the tank.

I use to also have an anemone (dont remember what it was, but I do remember it was one of the cheaper $9.99 anemones that one commonly finds at the LFS) and he disappeared one day, but about a week later he reappeared in a different spot. At the time I was young (23) and didnt really care and was probably too stoned to bother trying to find him, but the point is that eventually he turned up, I think you just need to look a little harder, these guys can really shrink down in size to where they are barely noticible in the tank.

My *whatever* anemone could go from being this huge anemone down to the size of a quarter or half dollar in size. and could easily find his way into a crevice where I couldnt find him. If they are not happy they will shrink and move.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back