Discus

Kenliz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
One of my Discus has started hidding and eating sparsely. It is a Stress related prob. Every thing i've done seems to have very little efect. I've cut down on the lights and reduced feeding time. I've added some Melafix as a tonic to help. Any advice would be welcome. the discus is also looking pale.

Sorry Ken Discus aint a fish I really know about. If you think it could be stress related what could be causing the stress, and how is it's normal behaviour? The guy I got my old 5 foot tank from used to keep/breed discus I'll see if I can get in touch with him tonight or tomorrow morning as he and the wife usualy work a Wed nite but it could be anywhere from Inverness to Portsmouth.

With water conditions perfect. i think the only cause could have been when i did a water change on Sunday. It could have turned to a Bacterial prob but stress was the original prob. New Discus are prone to stress related probs when small. have added a second treatment of Melafix. Its definately not bullying as if any the other Discus go near it. The poorly Discus goes for them.

Most reactions

Back