mikemensch2007
New Member
I have a 125 gallon I gotta get running soon and I was planning on getting a bunch of nice big fish (not to big though). My plan was to get these fish:
2 Bala Sharks
2 Discus
1 Common Pleco
1 Bulldog Pleco
5 Clown Loaches
3 German Blue Rams (the only small ones)
1 Elephant Nose
.......
Those are my plans SO FAR... I was wondering if the discus would go good with all of these, I heard that the plecos will suck onto the sides of the discus, will that kill them though(probably right)? I also read that the royal plecos are compatible to go with the dicus, so are there different types of plecos that wont suck to the sides of the discus?
I also wanted to known some opinions on what other fish would be nice to go in with this selection of mine. I want to get bigger sized fish like the discus, balas, elephant noses and stuff like that but I dont know much more fish sized like that... Any help would be appreciated, thanks...
2 Bala Sharks
2 Discus
1 Common Pleco
1 Bulldog Pleco
5 Clown Loaches
3 German Blue Rams (the only small ones)
1 Elephant Nose
.......
Those are my plans SO FAR... I was wondering if the discus would go good with all of these, I heard that the plecos will suck onto the sides of the discus, will that kill them though(probably right)? I also read that the royal plecos are compatible to go with the dicus, so are there different types of plecos that wont suck to the sides of the discus?
I also wanted to known some opinions on what other fish would be nice to go in with this selection of mine. I want to get bigger sized fish like the discus, balas, elephant noses and stuff like that but I dont know much more fish sized like that... Any help would be appreciated, thanks...
... About the balas I am looking forward to getting them because I had them before In my 129 gallon but it died, I didnt know this before but I heard the bala controls algae somewhat? I think I wont get the clowns. I want some pretty big fish like the balas and stuff, cherry barbs are small arent they? I probably wont get the discus either cause I would like to have those 2 plecos I posted. I do love the bala sharks though, are you sure they wont make it in a 125 they only get like 18 inches, I had one in my other tank... How come you say not to put the plecos in with the clowns?
!?!?!?!?! What is wrong with them, they arent aggressive or anything, just tell me why you guys suggest not getting them? Other than that, how big of a group of discus and rams, and are the clowns good and plecos and the other stuff? Since so many (2) people told me not to get the balas I probably wont get them... O well..







