Discus rubbing and scratching.....???

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

vedder

Reaction score
Well i have my tank fully settle in... but lately i have , a my 5 discus rubbing and scratching on the plants, and the dorsal fin is close to the body they are not expanding the fins, somethimes i see them flickring the fins... i started a treatment with myxazin... and still no good, they have no visual marks whatsoever... my tank has 5 discus 7cm, 2 catfish, 1 angel fish(the other died today ??? i also cant figured it out , he was well feed and all the sudden stop eating also no visual effects on the fish, and died... the strange thing is that he stop eating like 3 days ago???); also 2 corydoras ; 6 tetras ; 2 plecos; 2 botias ; ramirezi.
the water values are:
PH -6.5 or 6.6
KH-3 to 4
Ammonia not present
Nitrite not present
Any ideas....?

I've heard Angelfish carry parasites which are harmless to themselves but can infect Discus. Have you tried any Discus forums? There's some really clued up guys on their which may help more mate. Good luck, those Discus are a challenge eh?

vedder said:
Well i have my tank fully settle in... but lately i have , a my 5 discus rubbing and scratching on the plants, and the dorsal fin is close to the body they are not expanding the fins, somethimes i see them flickring the fins... i started a treatment with myxazin... and still no good, they have no visual marks whatsoever... my tank has 5 discus 7cm, 2 catfish, 1 angel fish(the other died today ??? i also cant figured it out , he was well feed and all the sudden stop eating also no visual effects on the fish, and died... the strange thing is that he stop eating like 3 days ago???); also 2 corydoras ; 6 tetras ; 2 plecos; 2 botias ; ramirezi.
the water values are:
PH -6.5 or 6.6
KH-3 to 4
Ammonia not present
Nitrite not present
Any ideas....?
Ok now i have official a fish dying problem.... Has on my original post, i reported that an angel fish died in a nor normal way, since it was well feed, and looked very healthy, now a ramirezi is going out in the same way :S
It looked ok, no abnormal patterns, but a few hours ago it started a very rapid gill beat... WTF??? is happening, its not related to any thing is special i did( no water changes or lack of oxygen, or any product that was induce in the water... any thoughts or experiances ???
tha water parameters are told above....

Most reactions

Back