Discus hang in corner of tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Paws&Fins

Reaction score
Is is normal for 2 Discus to hang in one corner of a tank? It doesn't appear anyone is picking on them. Their color is vibrant and they come to the feeding area quickly. I did recently change decorations.

75g tank, perfect water parameters
Planted tank
2 Electric Blue Acaras
2 Pearl Guaramis
1 Glofish Shark
2 Yoyo Loaches
6 Tetras

Pictures this morning at feeding time.

Attachments

• 20210401_065326_HDR.jpg
    20210401_065326_HDR.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 74
  • 20210401_065317.jpg
    20210401_065317.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210401_065341.jpg
    20210401_065341.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 79
Maybe the deco change has them spooked a bit...if they are eating, acting mostly normal, and colors are good, I wouldn't fret over it too much...give them time to adjust

maybe breeding as their new habitat is better for fry?

maybe breeding as their new habitat is better for fry?
I'm still trying to figure out if I have a male and a female. They are between 6 and 8 months old and about 4/5 inches in diameter. However, looking at the tail fins it looks like the smaller one (I'm guessing the younger one) is male and the larger one is female. Of course, I'm just guessing. lol

Maybe the deco change has them spooked a bit...if they are eating, acting mostly normal, and colors are good, I wouldn't fret over it too much...give them time to adjust
I will be adding 4 more large Amazon Sword plants to the back of the tank this evening. I think I am done with the habitat for a while. I have 6 Honey Guramis in my QT right now that I will move into the bigger tank in about a month.

I will be adding 4 more large Amazon Sword plants to the back of the tank this evening. I think I am done with the habitat for a while. I have 6 Honey Guramis in my QT right now that I will move into the bigger tank in about a month.
yeah, dont change the habitat too frequently, they get REAL stressed from that

Picture of the tank and video of the fish in the corner?

How long has the tank been set up for?
How long have you had the discus for?
What I the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and GH?
What is the temperature of the water?

What sort of filter do you have?
How often and how do you clean the filter?
Is there any aeration/ surface turbulence?

How often do you do water change and how much do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the tank?

Picture of the tank and video of the fish in the corner? I DON'T HAVE ONE RIGHT NOW, WILL GET ONE TONIGHT

How long has the tank been set up for? 2.5 YEARS
How long have you had the discus for? 6 MONTHS
What I the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and GH? 0, 0, 5/10, 7.8, 12.8
What is the temperature of the water? 85 AVG

What sort of filter do you have? FLUVAL 406 AND UNDERGRAVEL
How often and how do you clean the filter? ONCE A MONTH
Is there any aeration/ surface turbulence? YES

How often do you do water change and how much do you change? WHEN MY NITRATES GO ABOVE 10, SO ABOUT ONCE A WEEK
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change? MOST OF THE TIME
Do you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the tank? YES WITH BOTH A DECHLORINATING FILTER ATTACHED TO THE TAP AND SLIM COAT
See answers above - I'm not yelling at you, just figured the caps would be easiest to see.

See answers above - I'm not yelling at you, just figured the caps would be easiest to see.
Pictures of my tank (and 4 paws ;)). I'm guessing the Discus weren't thrilled with the decor changing and got over pouting. They were not hanging in the corner last night. Yay!

Pictures of my tank (and 4 paws ;)). I'm guessing the Discus weren't thrilled with the decor changing and got over pouting. They were not hanging in the corner last night. Yay!
Hmmmm where'd my pictures go????

Let me try one more time. Pictures ... Maybe ...

Attachments

• 20210402_064001_HDR.jpg
    20210402_064001_HDR.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210402_063842_HDR.jpg
    20210402_063842_HDR.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 66

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back