Direct sunlight into tank?

PunkRock050

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a couple areas of light coming into the tank, does this have any ill or beneficial effects? I figured it would probably be pretty good for the plants, and the fish seem to like sunbathing in it quite a bit. I havent had much algae growth from it, so Im guessing its not too bad? . The temperature stays stable too. I just was wondering if im doing something bad here that I didnt know about. Heres a pic where you can kinda see the amount of light coming in.

P0000002.jpg

nice tank! i can see both bio wheels ! sunlight well i am no expert on this but my tank gets sunlight from about 10am till12 as the sun passes over, never had a real problem till i started CO2 in the tank, sure someone will let u know. but then each to his/her own.

I have had my tanks in direct sunlight too with out a problem till I either added CO2, ferts or moved the tank to a wall that has a window that lets the southern sunlite hit it. Southern sunlight will grow algae like nothing else I have found. It's good for the plants and the fish will enjoy it as well. Just keep an eye on the algae and if it starts to go wild block the window for a while. Rose

Most reactions

Back