Difficult Decision

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
I would really REALLY like some frontosa's, and when we finish decorating I am having 2 5ft tanks along one wall and 2 4ft tanks along the other (I already have the fish for 3 of the tanks). Its only going to be a couple of weeks or so till its all finished, but I have found, almost down the road from me, someone selling 4 frontosa young (about 1 1/2"). Hubby says if I want I can set up a temporary tank in the kitchen, but its only a 30"x12". I dont think its really suitable even if it is for a couple of weeks or so?

What would you do?
 
Argh. I am trying to edit my post but it wont let me... sorry.

I wasnt very clear, I am trying to find out if 30"x 12" would be ok for 4 frontosa young that are about 1 1/2" in size, everywhere else I have tried looking says this size tank is to small for fully grown fronts (which I know)

Thanks.
 
Brill thanks. What size should I let them get to before transferring them to the bigger tank?
 
That would depend on the size of the fish in the big tank I would imagine. I'm no frontosa expert however, so I'll let someone with more experience answer this for sure.
 
Keep in mind frontosa are piscivores ( eat fish ) so make sure there not in there with fish that can fit in there mouths just a heads up
 
Thanks Robby & Mr White, I am planning on only having fronts in the big tank. I guess they wont mind going into the big tank when its ready.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top