Different Species Of Fish Enjoying Each Others Company?

Aqua Andy

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
330
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Colchester, Essex, UK
Hi,

I have just added two new groups of fish to my tank: 6 Neon Tetra & 3 Male Red Tuxedo Guppies.

Since the introduction the 3 Corydoras Sterbai I had already seem allot more confident and active.

Do community fish get comfort from the company of other community fish of different species?

This seems to be what I am observing.


Andy
 
I find that black neons and harlequins get on great and even shoal together, both very pleasant fish.
 
I found when I added a group of juvie livebearers to my tank that they acted as dither fish to my peppered cories. They sort of looked at them and thought 'well, it can't be that dangerous out there if those little ones can cope'. So not so much company as a green light. I see a lot more of them these days.
Platies and guppies I find genuinely interact and enjoy each other's company.
 
Before my Guppy died (possibly toxins in a new, cycled tank), he enjoyed the company of my Neon Tetra. Sometimes it looked like they were trying to school together.
Mostly they played with the airstone bubbles together.
(I swear, my Tetra is addicted to it)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top