Different Shaped Fish

saz326

Fish Herder
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hertfordshire
Im running a 200 litre Tropical tank with Fluval 205 filtration (so not overfiltered)

Id like to have a different shaped fish, preferably not a bottom dweller due to the cichlids I have. I was thinking of simply increasing the shoal numbers to encourage more horse-play at the surface (silver-tipped tetra) but that could make the keyholes and gourami rather nervous.

Is there anytype of pipe fish or other differently shaped fish that would compliment my current stocking?

See sig for fish in my tank.
 
Banjo catfish perhaps? They definately fit the bill for odd shaped fish (and it's a bottom dweller)


As my first reply-ee you get a free years supply of air for your lungs! :hyper:

I thought people would teem all-over this thread; coming up with interestinly shaped oddities but alas.

Yeah - Banjo catfish is certainly odd looking, but Im after more surface or mid level fishies as above. I wouldnt want to pack out the bottom level as Im hoping my cichlids will have a successful breeding session one of these days and the'll want their ground space.

hmm...
 
upsidedown catfish , glass cats , Oryzias Javanicusi not really odd shaped but odd fish lol
 
I was going to suggest an African butterfly fish, definitely a nice unusual fish, and a surface dweller too, though wether it would be liable to eat your silver tips I don't really know. They tend to eat anything that can fit in their mouths including small fish.
 
Ornate halfbeaks (Hemirhamphodon chrysopunctatus) are strange surface dwellers that look just like pipe fish but I know little of them. I saw some recently at our LFS along with other strangers such as anchor / moth catfish but as you don't want bottom dwellers that rules them out!
 
what about killi fish?
i don't really know anything about them..just trying to think of some surface dwellers.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top