"Different food for each tank mate" Do you?

Do you feed different foods for your tankmates?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• Total voters

Blue Lobster

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I feed different foods for my fish. I find it allows everyone to have something, and to not overfeed some fish.

My angels wont eat frozen brine, or formula 2 (Green flakes). They eat everything else.

My balas don't eat formula 2 either, but the Tetras, corys and plecos eat it.

I feed Hikari Mini size Cichlid gold to the balas and angels, and the sinkers get eaten by the pleco.

Sinking discs are for the pleco, and he bumrushes in to get them so the angels don't take them.

Shrimp pellets are ignored by none and freeze dried bloodworms are a tank favorite for everything in there.

I use a very scientific buy/try formula ie, buy a can and see who eats it. :hey:

Anyone else do this, or am I nuts?

I have 12 different tanks....they all eat different foods,although I have two communities and they get fed the requirements of all the fish in them.Well fed fish as far as I am concerned.

i just feed a variety any ways...

crickets- mainly for the butterfly fish benefits
mealworm- same again
then froozen; bloodworm, discus mix, chopped mussel, river shrimp and lance fish.

every tank gets this in proportion and then every few weeks i'll cut out the froozen bloodworm and chuck in a couple of bags of live.

Why is this a poll?

We use about different 30 different foods for our fish ranging from good old flake to live locusts.

The only food that every single fish we have is happy to eat is frozen bloodworm.

SirMinion said:
Why is this a poll?

We use about different 30 different foods for our fish ranging from good old flake to live locusts.

The only food that every single fish we have is happy to eat is frozen bloodworm.
Why the poll? Cause I get spam flood control every time I try to click new topic in chit chat.

Bloodworms are any fish's favorite!

I put a variety in. Frozen worms, live black worms, flake and nuggets. The nuggets I'm surprised about though, they love them the best (I know they are really high quality but they still only dry food, so to speak). :lol: They get peas, zuchinni that I boil. Nearly all have a go at different things, but there is clearly favourites. B)

Most reactions

Back