Denisoni Barbs

DevUK

UKAPS member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Coventry, West Midlands
I was in Maidenhead Aquatics (Harleston Heath, Northampton) with Gill chatting to Stang1 yesterday which was really cool, and we noticed that they have several tanks full of Denisoni barbs. I've recently seen people talking about getting these for £15 each and considering this a bargain, and I noted that MA had them in for £11.50 each!!

To say I was tempted was putting it mildly. Anyhow, I didn't as I know I've got no where to put them, but also I'm unsure on their upkeep. Gill suggested that they need a good current in the tank.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share the info incase anyone in or around Northampton wanted Denisoni barbs :)
 
Gill suggested that they need a good current in the tank.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share the info incase anyone in or around Northampton wanted Denisoni barbs :)


From what Ive seen the fish come from fast flowing streams in India and would need a little bit of flow current and are also a v active schooling fish so would do better in groups 4+ with plenty of room to zip around in. They can get to 15cm in size, not too aggressive considering its a barb and is sensitive to temp changes.
 
I was in Maidenhead Aquatics (Harleston Heath, Northampton) with Gill chatting to Stang1 yesterday which was really cool, and we noticed that they have several tanks full of Denisoni barbs. I've recently seen people talking about getting these for £15 each and considering this a bargain, and I noted that MA had them in for £11.50 each!!

To say I was tempted was putting it mildly. Anyhow, I didn't as I know I've got no where to put them, but also I'm unsure on their upkeep. Gill suggested that they need a good current in the tank.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share the info incase anyone in or around Northampton wanted Denisoni barbs :)


Oi I told you not to tell anyone :grr: :P

I am gonna get some next week @ that price. Probably a nice group of 10.
They can go in one of the mature 4 footers outside.

You wanna come along and make a day of it. go on you know you wanna.
 
They are a fish i'm strongly considering getting for one my tanks since it would make an ideal place for such fish to live (its very filtered with a strong current and the water usually stays quite cool), they so expensive though for shoaling fish :crazy: ! They look great on the plus side though :) .
 

Most reactions

Back
Top