Deltec Mce 300

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
So i got my Deltec MCE 300 skimmer today for my 176litre aquamarine 900. I went ahead and set it up but im not sure i have done it correctly as theres a) alot of microbubbles and b) my collection cup seems to be floating notoriously close to the top of the tube, (kinda scared to go to sleep just incase it overflows lol) so im wondering if ive filled it too much?
if any one has pictures of theres it would be appreciated :)

Ryan

edit: heres a pic of mine
IMG_0063.jpg

Has it settled down mate? I have the same skimmer, made microbubbles for about 1 week then completely settled. Don't worry about 'overflow' there is a gap at the top of the cup, the bubbles/foam is meant to reach the very top and then sink into the cup, it won't overflow, just make sure you keep an eye on whats inside the actual cup!

Yes they can take a wee while to 'bed in'. Just leave it as it is for a week or 2 (only emptying the cup when needed!) Don't clean it (apart from the cup if it really needs it)

Once the new acrylic is aged sufficiently you can start to tweak the setting to get the consistency of skimmate that you want.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back