Decorative issues.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bdoggy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm horrible at decorating. When I did my water change today, I tried to rearrange some stuff. In an attempt to make it look better. It just looks like a complete mess now and I'm not sure how to fix it lol....
I have a bunch of small rocks a few mediums. Before I kind of made a bridge in the back with 2 of the larger ones and that seemed ok....
What's a good strategy?... Should I add a piece of wood in the corner maybe... IDK

Attachments

• IMG_20220727_213903854.jpg
    IMG_20220727_213903854.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20220727_213844610.jpg
    IMG_20220727_213844610.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 45
It looks nice to me. Since you don't like ut, try placing the rocks in a different place of the tank maybe. And if I were you, I'd also add some plants.

Yup... I get how ya feel... Everytime I re-arrange stuff I would wish that I was strong enough to pick up my tank and throw it across the earth 🤣
Rocky, your tank always looks great :nod:

Rocky, your tank always looks great :nod:
Oh thank you so much... But you don't understand the rage in my mind to get it that way 🤣

Last time I did rearranging I think I actually got a good set up lol.
But I'm usually always one small mistake away from insanity as I'm doing re-scaping 🤣🤣

(Sorry not trying to hijack the thread)

Oh thank you so much... But you don't understand the rage in my mind to get it that way 🤣

Last time I did rearranging I think I actually got a good set up lol.
But I'm usually always one small mistake away from insanity as I'm doing re-scaping 🤣🤣

(Sorry not trying to hijack the thread)
It's fine... Yes my mind goes completely blank whenI try and decorate something. So I did move the larger rocks to the corner and put the long stem plants around them. Then I pulled out a lot of the smaller rocks to create some open spaces. I planted the red leafy plant lol sorry I don't know the name in one of the open spaces. Kept the ferns where they were... I feel a lot better about it now.

Attachments

• IMG_20220805_154024001.jpg
    IMG_20220805_154024001.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20220805_154016107.jpg
    IMG_20220805_154016107.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20220805_153956798.jpg
    IMG_20220805_153956798.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 34
Floaters would look nice. Especially frogbit or salvinia. Also, I love your bamboo shrimp!!
I did buy some red root floaters they were alive but not in great shape upon arrival... So I'm hoping for some new growth on those... The local fish shops plant tanks are full of algae and not very attractive... So I'm kinda just hoping my stuff will grow and fill in a bit.

It's fine... Yes my mind goes completely blank whenI try and decorate something. So I did move the larger rocks to the corner and put the long stem plants around them. Then I pulled out a lot of the smaller rocks to create some open spaces. I planted the red leafy plant lol sorry I don't know the name in one of the open spaces. Kept the ferns where they were... I feel a lot better about it now.
I actually like that set up! I prefer sand but that's just an opinion. Really nice!

Is that Java fern I see in the photos? If it is, this plant should not be grown in the substrate. Java fern has a rhizome, the tick stem like thing which has leaves growing out of one side and hair-like roots from the other, and the rhizome will rot if it is covered. Java fern, like anubias, is usually grown attached to decor.

If it's not Java fern, ignore what I've just written :)

Is that Java fern I see in the photos? If it is, this plant should not be grown in the substrate. Java fern has a rhizome, the tick stem like thing which has leaves growing out of one side and hair-like roots from the other, and the rhizome will rot if it is covered. Java fern, like anubias, is usually grown attached to decor.

If it's not Java fern, ignore what I've just written :)
It doesn't seem to be java fern in the photos.... But maybe we were looking at different stories plants?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back