Decisions

Ace Of Spades

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
2,794
Reaction score
3
Points
38
Location
GB
Well firstly I just bought a new fish tank and its 48"x12"x18" so 170 Litres approximatley.

Im stuck between two ideas for the tank and I like both firstly:

Idea Number one: Planted Brackish tank with Figure 8 Puffers and Bumblebee gobies (maybe American Flagfish)

or

Idea Number two: Planted Community with Boesmani Rainbowfish as center piece and various other community fish

So what do you guys think number one or two.....


Many Thanks
Ace Of Spades
 
Personally, I'd go with number 2.

You can still have your bumblebee gobies in number 2.

or you can combine them together and have a planted dwarf puffer "community" with different shrimp, otos, bumblebee gobies, snails.... :good:
 
Number One gets my vote :good:
 
I think the shrimp would eventually get eaten?!?! snails too of course. BBG's may still work.

Anyways, Ace I'd do the DP tank :good: :nod: :thumbs:

my puffs are fine with shrimp, even leaving the babys alone :D

but yes, they eat the smaller snails, however mine completely leave my nerites and my adult ramshorns alone. :good:
 
Coem on, look how personable puffers are! They will become the vocal point of your home, when friends come round. Coming up to the glass....everyone will be sooo jealous!
And what about all the cool things you can feed them? Cockle in shell, mussel, live bloodworm and stuff...community fish get flake, bit of blood every so often and daphnia...boring?
 
Coem on, look how personable puffers are! They will become the vocal point of your home, when friends come round. Coming up to the glass....everyone will be sooo jealous!
And what about all the cool things you can feed them? Cockle in shell, mussel, live bloodworm and stuff...community fish get flake, bit of blood every so often and daphnia...boring?

Haha nice post, I think you might have made my mind up :D

Thanks all
 
How about GSP's? Ive got two and they are just adorable! Never given each other any hassle at all, and love muching garden pests- slugs/snails/even spiders and flies!! Anyway I guess Im biased...
 
How about GSP's? Ive got two and they are just adorable! Never given each other any hassle at all, and love muching garden pests- slugs/snails/even spiders and flies!! Anyway I guess Im biased...

Not a big fan of GSP, I think Figure 8's are alot more stunning imo but thanks :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top