Decay In Sealent On Front Right Side Of New Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishyfish890

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
As the title clearly expains; I have bought a new tank and have noticed a crack or decay in the outer sealent on the front right corner of the aquarium. From past experiences, I know that any damage (such as this) can cause even worse damage in the long run. I know that this is not really as severe as have just said but I want to be certain. Any suggestions would be great; for further information the model of the tank is a Fluval Roma 125 (120l).

Thanks,
Fishyfish890

Is it brand new? if so take it back to whom you purchased it from,tell them you want a new tank or refund :)

Yes it is and I have contacted the store to ask them about but they havn't replied yet. Is this any chance that I could put a new sealent on the decay or is it best to replace it with a new one?

Fishyfish890

If it was me i wouldnt touch it,you have it filled? if not lets say you were to fill it and the tank exploded with you they would say it was your fault the your out more money to replace it with a new one,if you live near the store take it into them as it could take them ages to get back to you or maybe not bother replying to you.i would also try and see if they maybe give you something  free for the hassle a nice piece of bog wood or something ;) worth a try they can only say no,or contact the manufacturer of the tank and let them know of the fault you have,and maybe they might do something worth a shot :D

Thanks for your advice Graham; I have bought a new one and filled with 6 green tiger barbs.

Many thanks,
Fishyfish890

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back