FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

scotslasszoe

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Do you think this is a good deal

Ad i found

Hi all

This 3,5ft Juwel RIO 180(ltr) fish tank is in immaculate condition and comes with its own stand ,a Fluval 204 external filter , a Fluval (150w) heater and plenty of ornamental rocks and wood.My main hobby is fishkeeping so the tank is well looked after.Sad to sell but I 'm leaving the country shortly.
Might be able to deliver .
£150.00

newtankl.jpg

Best price about £180 new online.

£150 with all those accessories sounds like a good price to me. Especially when you're getting a canister filter thrown in too.

You could probably haggle down to £130 anyway. I say go for it. :good:

Definitely. I got a Trigon 350 in a Ford Focus before. :good:

Wooo hoo. going to see another tank tonight. its 4 foot with everything included and only £100

Now if i do get it, i am going to swap all fish etc into the 4 foot from 3.5 foot. i want 4 foot tank in same place as 3.5 foot

What is the best way to do this?

Zoe :hyper:

There are so many tanks on ebay that you can get awesome setups (second hand) with or without fish for dirt cheap prices.

You should be able to pick up that 125l on ebay with cabinet for less than £70.

Andy

Wooo hoo. going to see another tank tonight. its 4 foot with everything included and only £100

Now if i do get it, i am going to swap all fish etc into the 4 foot from 3.5 foot. i want 4 foot tank in same place as 3.5 foot

What is the best way to do this?

Zoe :hyper:

I got a 4 footer for £17 NEW !!!! So it pays to ring round.... :drool:

As for swapping tanks, syphon water into bucket(s) put you fish in too.... and take out of room (trust me, it takes longer than you think ! And you will kick one over !) Put in a dark area, with the heater in too if your room is cold.
Drain the old tank TOTALLY then scoop out the substrate and rocks etc... plants can either go in a bucket of tank water, or wrapped in damp newspaper.
The filter MUST be kept wet... again in a bucket, or if a canister keep full of water (tank) but try to get it running again as quickly as possible - certainly no longer than a couple of hours.

Replace the tank, rinse out - then ensure its level and re add the substrate etc... refill with new water if you like, better still mixed with old tank water (dont forget to dechlorinate) Make sure all electrics are working, and get that filter in there ASAP ! Add plants.
Check temp... add the fish, float in bags or the bucket and slowly add some tank water over about a hour.... do all this without lights on.
Fingers crossed your transplant will be a success !

I got a Rio 180 (older style in black) which was in OK condition, few scratches and some water marks. It cleaned up nicely though and looks OK. Cost me £73 on an ebay auction :) I think I payed a good price, but wouldn't of payed more as it wasn't spotless so to speak.

I am def gonna see if they will accept £80 for it. got scottish gas coming tomorrow to fix a plug socket gonna give him a little back hander and see if he will sort plug socket in hall. if he does will put it there instead of swapping.

So excited :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:blink:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back