Dead shrimp.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tuckerman821

Reaction score
Hello, I currently have/ had three blue velvet shrimp and was expecting them to start producing offspring soon. I noticed the female shed her skin today, but she was spinning in circles for at least two minutes and not hiding which I was worried about. I left and came back to fish pecking at her. I quickly scooped her out and put her in a holding bowl. Is there a cause for this, and is there something I should do to protect the other shrimp in the tank. Thank you

Probably got caught right after a molt by that clever fish. More hiding spaces/plants could help.

Probably got caught right after a molt by that clever fish. More hiding spaces/plants could help.
I have an Anubias and DHG, along with a tree like plant that I forget the name of but it doesn’t provide much hiding. I also have two 4-7 inch pieces of cholla wood on either side of the tank.

she had just molted, but she never tried to hide, just spun around.

I have an Anubias and DHG, along with a tree like plant that I forget the name of but it doesn’t provide much hiding. I also have two 4-7 inch pieces of cholla wood on either side of the tank.

she had just molted, but she never tried to hide, just spun around.
Try some hornwort or other "floaty" bushy plants, for sure. Seens like sh got caught in the open.
?

Try some hornwort or other "floaty" bushy plants, for sure. Seens like sh got caught in the open.
?
Will do, they used to get on the salvinia minima floating on the top, but they haven’t lately.
I also have a question not necessarily shrimp related about my DHG, a semi-clear substance, probably a type of algae, is growing on the grass and continues to build up. Is there something to do about that? Bigger colony of shrimp to clean a bigger area?

Will do, they used to get on the salvinia minima floating on the top, but they haven’t lately.
I also have a question not necessarily shrimp related about my DHG, a semi-clear substance, probably a type of algae, is growing on the grass and continues to build up. Is there something to do about that? Bigger colony of shrimp to clean a bigger area?
Can you manage a picture?

Can you manage a picture?
68EB8959-AC1E-4E6D-88EB-AD62D1621925.jpeg

This work?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back