Dead fish.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Once dead, after a short while the carcases produce gas which makes them float. Even if at first they sink, after a while, if left, they'll float :sick:

After they die they will just sink to the bottom, but after awhile they will float to the top.

If a fish die, most scavengers or bottom feeders would tend to eat it and after they are dont with it the leftovers would float especially if you have a strong water movement.....then it will stink after a couple of days, especially if you don't notice it.... :sick:

G_Sharky said:
If a fish die, most scavengers or bottom feeders would tend to eat it and after they are dont with it the leftovers would float especially if you have a strong water movement.....then it will stink after a couple of days, especially if you don't notice it.... :sick:
Usually I never see any dead fish since my loaches will just eat them up so fast. :S

Forget they they stink after a few hours, especially just when they start to go white................. :sick:

Its true it s a build up of gas in the stomach area, especially when the swim bladder goes pear shaped again :sick:

Most dead things in my tanks dont get a chance to float thanks to my ravenous catfish clean up crew............

I have never seen one of my own dead fish float - but I always find them realy quickly as I almost always know they're going to die beforehand. They also don't usualy get eaten as they'd be in quarantine if sick.

On the other hand, all LFSs seem to have dead fish floating around in their tanks. I've only once or twice seen one dead on the bottom and I remember actualy noting that and how unusual it was - disgusting, I know.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back