Dead Fish Upon Arrival

Poor fish.

If you do end up having to go thru paypal to get a refund, then do it thru the dispute console area as and item not as described dispute. You will have to send them back (horrible I know) and ensure you get a signature to prove you sent them back (so use special delivery as recorded delivery doesnt always get you a signature) and you will get a full refund from paypal (obviously you wont get your return postage back).

Good luck.
 
Hi' Minx,

You answerd my next question before i answerd it lol, ive left them in their bags in the original box wondering what to do with them. I've sent the guy a load of pictures of them all together at the same time and also taken a pictures of one of the bags next to the Sky TV guide showing the date and time, hopefully he'll give me the money back without any hassle.

The torpedo barbs werea really good size to:( never mind once i get the money from these i'll get some rainbow fish or stay on the look out for some other large ones. Bad time for getting tropical fish due to the weather.

Thanks for the advise guys
 
I've not dealt with APC before with regards to shipping fish only Royal Mail and have never had any problems, they are also far cheaper, even using their expensive next day delivery! I can only assume APC kept the box in one of their vans overnight which just got too cold for the fish to bear, would they have been aware they were delivering live fish? at least with Royal Mail the box would have been in a sorting office which is warmer. Another thing is heat packs rely on oxygen to keep them going and I find nearly all of them will cease to work after a couple of hours after being enclosed in a parcel, kind of defeating the object really! really sorry to hear about your fish though :sad:
 
Looks like this has gone off topic lool, not had a response from the persdon i brought them off since asking for my money back, will leave it a day or two then i'll bin the fish , don't want them rotting away in the house:(

I've had my channa deliverd on two seperate batches from Hull which is a fair distance from me and theyve been fine. Most fish come in via shipment, locally bred is a joke, some fish shops might take them , but in an area like me (somewhat chavvy) the LFS would only sell convicts and maybe a staffy dog lol.
 
Stick the bodies in a couple of bags in the freezer until you have had a satisfactory reply/money back, just in case Paypal requires you to return them in order to refund.

I'll just add to the 'other discussion' posting fish properly is no problem - I had 4 snakeheads arrive via royal mail just a couple of weeks ago safe and sound having had a trip of less than 24 hours. It is no less humane than buying 95% of the impported fish found in any LFS.
 
Hi always4lora :)

I cut the argument out of your thread and hope everything turns out well for you. Sorry if I had to cut some other members posts out as well.
 
Sucks hope it goes well, me having run into the same issue shipping out in the dead of winter usually due to late arrival I always state at your own risk, but have always refunded money for the livestock atleast and if I fight with the postal office and get money back for posting I send this back aswell :) but really not much fighting you can do on your side the person you baught from needs to do some major bitching to the postal office and I hope he wrote on the box live fish or live stock please keep warm and in building overnight
 

Most reactions

Back
Top