Danios

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Nuttygal! :0)

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have some zebra danios in one of my tanks, but I want to move them to another one. Thing is, the tank that they are currently in has had a nasty outbreak of white spot! The danios don't have it, just some cardinals and clown loaches, but would I still have to wait before I moved them, or would I be able to move them now without the disease getting spread to the tank I want to put them in? I am treating the tank with Protozin, I have been treating it for 3 days so far, but I haven't noticed anything different.
- By the way, has anyone else used Protozin before? It's meant to be very effective. I have applied 4ml of it every day for 3 days so far, then I have to leave it until day 6. This will be Saturday.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated! :D

Hi, :)

i recently had a small outbreak of ich but caught it really quick (saw a couple of spots one platy and one ram :/)

Raised them up to 27 degrees (have you raised your temp? You need to do this to ensure the ich comes out/grows quicker so you can treat it) and then used Protozin on days 1, 2, 3. Didn't see much change initially (probably a few more spots came out over the next day, as would be expected).

day 5 seemed to be clearing up and on day 6 i added the Protozin again.

Day 7...white spot gone and had no problems since. :thumbs:

hth

tbr :D

If it were me i would be tempted to leave them where they are until all spots have disapeared because whats the point in introducing it into your new tank!?!? :)
Fish can still cary the singled celled organism even though they seem like they do not have it.

Goodluck anyways.

personally I would wait a few more days (til Sunday) until the treatment has finished. :nod:

IMO whilst the danios may not be showing signs of ich (actual white spots) they are highly likely to be carrying the disease and will transfer it to the new tank if you move them now.

tbr :D

They can have cysts in their gills that may not be visible from the outside. Best to be safe and wait a while. The longer the better IMO. Hope your fishies recover quickly. :D

Most reactions

Back