Danios Are Just Awesome!

Axleuk

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
571
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bridgend, South Wales
Well i went down to the lfs to replace my male Dwarf Gourami who sadly died due to exhaution from the females (well thats what the suicide note said).

I pickd up 3x Leopard Danios to keep the other 3x Glow Light Danios i already have company and boy do they like each other or what! I have spent the past 10 mins watching them swim around the tank it their shoal circling each other.

They look like a little ball all together darting around the place. Those leopard Danios look like little trout, beautiful fish.
 
The Leopard Danio is a colour morph of the Zebra Danio. They are identical in every way except for instead of stripes, this fish has many spots down its flanks
 
I do like dainos, they were my first fish. They are true hardy fish and can survive anything. I use to love watching them dart around the top of the tank, the only thing that I didnt like is that they were right at the top of the tank so I had to bend down to see them :D....
 
The Leopard Danio is a colour morph of the Zebra Danio. They are identical in every way except for instead of stripes, this fish has many spots down its flanks


I know - I just like the spots more than the stripes :D
 
I love my zebra danios. I have 3 males and 3 females. They never tire of playing chase and really add a lot of movement to the tank!
 
danios are one of those little fish that i respect. i have 8 of them and its fun seeing them grow up. got them all for 1 dollar each
 
I think I still have about 17 danios in my tank, mainly zebras but there's 2 leopards in there and a couple of the xanthic ones too.

Possibly my favourite 'bread-and-butter' fish, far more interesting to watch than tetras or rasboras, nice markings, very hardy and very cheap! What's not to like?

I tried breeding them once - very easy to do, but the fry seem to be eaten by nearly anything.

I wouldn't mind a tank just filled with danios.
 
how can I not respond to this thread :)
all Danionins are the most underrated group of fish in the hobby.

all you appreciators out there need to do some extensive research in the field

good starting places are my website, although it does need updating badly
Pete Cottles' (a name synonymous with Danionins) website
a great wiki article penned by our own Kerripaul (another name greatly associated with Danionins)
and lastly a good PFK article
 
how can I not respond to this thread :)
all Danionins are the most underrated group of fish in the hobby.

all you appreciators out there need to do some extensive research in the field

good starting places are my website, although it does need updating badly
Pete Cottles' (a name synonymous with Danionins) website
a great wiki article penned by our own Kerripaul (another name greatly associated with Danionins)
and lastly a good PFK article

I am starting to agree with you as far as being underrated. I love watching mine play and chase each other. They are so perfectly formed and the detail in their colour is beautiful **Cue tears script**. I would just like to thank the academy, my mom my.....<---Sorry wrong tears script.

I wish i had more space in my tank, i would definately have some more.

Thanks for the links Wolfie, i will be sure to check them out.
 
I've got six leopard danios ( did have 8, lost two over the past 3 years ) and I love them . Even though on first glance they all look identical, I have noticed their pecking order. Big Momma , the biggest and fattest female, is first in for the food. Especially tiny baby earthworms. She'll grab one and dart about madly with it sticking out of her mouth while all the others try to take it away :lol: . I only have to open the drawer in the desk the tank is on, and they all cluster under the feeding hole waiting for me :D They may not be the most colourful fish in the world, but they are very entertaining and so interesting to watch.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top