Danio with sore.

faye

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I noticed today that my zebra danio as a sore on his belly. I don't now where it came from. It seems like a fresh sore it is pink and round. His seems to fine. He swimming and eating well. Should I keep an I on him or get an antibotic for him just in case. Oh I took out the plastic plants and replaced them with silk. I thought maybe he rubbed himself up against them and got hurt that way.

Thanks

Faye

10 gal tank
topfin filter 10 80gal/hr.
airpump with bubble tube

OK first thing to do is add some Aquarium Doctor "bsb" as this is the best treatment on the market at the moment IMHO for this kind of injury.

Secondly ............................ what other fish are being kept with your Danio as it may be a result of bullying :what:

Also can you please tell us the water conditions (ie.....ammonia nitrite nitrate etc etc PH would also help)

Hope to hear from you soon

pete

I have 2 tetras, 2 platties, 1 algea eater, 3 ghosts shrimp. Today I purchased 1 pleco, african frog, 5 neon glass fish.

Ammonia=0
ph=7.0
nitrates=0
buffering good
hard water
I think I solved algea problem.
so water is clear.
I noticed the sore before I put today's purchases in.

Faye

Could be the Algae Eater as they are known to get aggressive with age :what:

Mid morning today. Noticed that the zebra danio was really bloating and swimming upside down with back arched barely breathing. He died today. :( At least now I have the medication on hand to treat this type of injury.

Faye

Sorry to hear that Faye. :(

It's something that has happened to us all. Like you say though at least you are now better prepared.

Shame but like others have said ....................... at least your now prepared for this if it should ever happen again :D

Most reactions

Back