Danio Fry

Brian

Reaction score
We moved our 6 Zebra Danio's from quarantine into the main tank today, and then carried out a 50% water change in the small tank. Went out for a few hours and came back to find at least 5 tiny, tiny fry in the quarantine tank. God knows how many I sucked up in the water change :cry:

I don't have much of a clue what to do with the fry - what do I feed them, best temp for them ? anything else ?

I guess this puts paid to my plans to get some Ottos for the quarantine tank this weekend..... :(

What i do with all my fry, is crush up fish flake into really REALLY tiny pieces on top of the water. Then i poke at the flake so that it sinks down to the bottom where the fry can eat it.

Many people suggest baby brine shrimp (minis) for the fry to help them grow bigger and better faster. I have never tried it so can't comment.

You should be able to get the ottos, they will not do any harm to the fry, or am i missing something.

William

If you can read this right, fou need micro worm, to feed them just now, then onto baby broine shrimp. teh temp should be fine as the have a wide range.

Once My head clears I'll tell you more in the morrning. As yourlucky I can see the keyboard 8)

The current count is 9 - we have freeze dried brine shrimp and are crumbling that as small as possible at the moment....I don't think flake would be a good idea as these things are absoutely miniscule - I didn't think they could be fish when I first saw them.

Right. If there tottally tiny look and see if they still have the yolk sack, It'll be a yellowish dot near the stomic. If they have this they don't need feed yet.
I'd recomend getting microworm just now as costs peanuts and you can culture it. Microworm will do well for the first couple of weeks then baby brine or your crushed brine will do as they get bigger
:)

They really are small.....from what I can see some have a tiny yellow(ish) dot near the head, but it's real difficult to tell as they are so small - like miniature tadpoles.....Current count is 17 ! :0
I managed to get some fry food today...willl try then on that later.......

PS Hows your head, Davy ? ;)

:eek: My head hurt. Got up at 9am picked up the two paracetamol that I left next my bed. Had a sore head all day, just back from my mums (Sunday family dinner), so i'll open the whisky, that'll cure it :laugh:
Only had about ten bears last night too. But what the heck :D Good night :D

Davy Reynolds said:
Only had about ten bears last night too.
Goodness 10 bears! Wow I didn't know you got bears in Scotland. What do they taste like?

William

P.S. with all that meat is your stomach ok ?

From what I hear there's a few bears around Alloa way ! :laugh:

Is that where the morning after furry mouth comes from - eating bears :D ?

Darn I missed the chance with that one "Bears" :laugh:

Your not the only one Adeyc. I had some good ones for that one too. Oh well maybe I'll get the next one. Rose 8)

Brilliant all the more "typos" for us. I seem to rember we had a spell checker there too. A prize for anyone who remembers how many "typos" Davy used to have there. :laugh:

In between having a go at Davy for his typos - I now have about 40 Danio fry :0 and a couple of Platy fry in the bigger tank - I don't mind the couple of extra platies but what am I gonna do with all these Danios ? :/

Most reactions

Back