Dangers Of Owning A Marine Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree...live rock is NOT necessarily safe to handle if you tend to be hyperallergenic, or, have hidden bristleworms. I use gloves, prefer to use them and don't feel like dealing with a swollen finger. SH

Dont really think it's wise to have equipment such as defibrillators knocking around your house.

Unless you are fully trained to use them.

The best and first course of action is to phone/ask for help.

Someone maybe better placed to make an assessment other than yourself. This is of even greater note when taking into account use of a defibrillator - Restarting heartbeats is best left to the professionals and SHOULD NOT be either attempted or used by the untrained.

Automatic defibrillators are now becoming commonplace. They are safe, automated, give directions, etc. I do agree that people should be inserviced on their use. They are now required at football fields, schools, hospitals obviously and many other sporting events. They are also becoming common place at grocery stores and on air carriers.

I totally disagree with your statement however. Our street was considering having a defibrillator installed on our block with keys given to each household. This is not an unwise thing to do for those neighborhoods that have families with loved ones with coronary (heart disease). With recent increasing length of response times to emergency calls, having a defibrillator on the block with properly trained neighbors is a tour de force. The training takes a few hours (all our lacrosse coaches who, BTW, are non medical people, are trained in using them).

As a physician, I am very careful about what I post in my threads when I offer medical info. Defibrillators save lives. They are automated now and safe to use. Thank goodness they are becoming more affordable. Feel free to read the following.

Defibrillators are safe to be used by virtually anyone

Cheers. SH

Sorry fella, but I still disagree.

Now as a physician you may be experienced enough to be able to use one; even to the layman they might me simplistic to use...

...however, the problem comes in knowing WHEN to use it, and as a physician/doctor surely you must know the issues surrounding your average joe diagnosing.

Only in the US would you be advised to keep this sort of equipment in your house; I suspect right next to the gun used for self defence.

No one needs to know WHEN to use one...just to put it on if someone is dying, collapses, grabs their chest and falls. The machine reads what is going on in the person who has collapsed and WILL NOT FIRE UNLESS INDICATED. It is virtually monkey proof

AED's save lives. That is why they are showing up everywhere. Right after you posted I went to the supermarket to pick up some food. I took the following with my cell phone:

IMG00104.jpg

AED's save lives.

The attitude you express is regressive and not based on fact. Since this is a fish based thread, I am going to close this off. Should you want to discuss it further, you can either start an AED thread in General Chat, or, I can split off these posts into a separate thread.

SH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back