Damn Juwel Heaters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emma12321

fish nerd
Reaction score
Well i've had a great start to my day thanks to a juwel heater which boiled my tank over night, came down this morning to the tank reading 86 both my L200 plecs dead,also a dario loach a rummy nose tetra and a Black Skirt Tetra dead.

I have just changed 200 litres of water, that was great fun and had a look to see if anyone else is missing, though the amount of wood and plants in the tank makes that near impossible. So i'll just have to do a head count at feeding time tonight.

Why is it always the most expensive fish to die first? When we had a power cut for 9 hours on new years eve 2006 i lost all my pitbull plecs and some others then.

This is the second faulty heater the first i took back a few months after i got the tank in 2005

Emma :(

I have just got a juwel tank and the heater is up and down like a yo yo doesnt seem to keep the heat stable at all, i think im going to have to replace it.

aswell as this you cant see the heat setting on the its completely black and you dont know what heat you have set it on

sorry for your loss is their not anyway you can claim through juwel im sure if they find it was a faulty heater then surely they should replace the lost fish

mine doesn't go high enough really....it can keep 24/25 degrees C....but if you need to warm it up anymore it's rubbish!
Took it out my main tank and replaced it with a 100W interpet one.
Also juwel skank you out by putting in heaters that aren't powerful enough for the tank volume i found

binned my juwel powerhead and filter when i got them. I use fluval tronic heaters, i find them to keep the temperature great and they are very reliable. sorry about you losses

I binned my juwel heater and replaced it with a 300w JAD heater, been great since.

Most reactions

Back