D&D Feshwater CO2 set

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bloo

~ I learn something new ~ ~~~~ every day ~~~~
Reaction score
Well I know this is an expensive layout, but for the £110 won't I get a hassle free CO2 system that I don't have to change and fiddle with every few days ?

And what I like most is "based on a dose rate of 1.5g of CO2 per 100 litres per day, the 600g bottle should therefor last 400 days ! :hyper:

D&D Freshwater CO2 complete system

So is it worth it ?

£110 is a fairly large outlay, but surely the reduced hassle and increased stability is worth spending a few pennies on...?

Well exactly ! Considering it lasts more than a year and the refill bottle of CO2 is only £12. It kinda makes sense to me to go that way - but I'd like to hear from people (are there any ? surely there has to be!) with this (or similar) CO2 system.

Hiya Bloozoo

They are expensive items no matter what way you go, i dont have one myself so i dont know much about them, but gf is getting one very soon he would be good to ask, maybe he hasnt seen the thread, also smithrc uses one and jimboliana has one, maybe they could help you out as well, maybe give them a pm to reply to the thread.

Id be interested to see how long 600g would last you, if it lasted that long id buy one myself.

Edit: when i say has one ...i mean they use pressurised, not your exact one.

Fab thanks Zig - I will pm those people and direct them to my post - just in case they haven't seen it ;)
I'd like to hear about other makes and models too - it's just that this one looked quite good and I've seen it on a number of websites. I'll try to do a little more digging too to see how long they actually last - though I do realise it depends on water parameters etc.

hi bloozoo, no personal experience but generally D-D make very high quality products (rowaphos for example) i'm sure it will do the job.

you may wish to compare the JBL proflora version, it's more widely used (this is the one gf225 is looking at, i think)

both products on this link

I've done my pressurised co2 system myself.

Its cost me about £80.

I bought a dual dial regulator with needle valve for £50 from a lfs.
A 390g disposable co2 bottle from an online hardware company for £8
and a new CO2 solenoid from eBay for £26

Ebay is a great place to look - a regulater and valve like mine sold for £36 a few weeks back.

The next bit I'm looking for is a PH controller to tie it all together :)

smithrc said:
I've done my pressurised co2 system myself.

Its cost me about £80.

I bought a dual dial regulator with needle valve for £50 from a lfs.
A 390g disposable co2 bottle from an online hardware company for £8
and a new CO2 solenoid from eBay for £26

Ebay is a great place to look - a regulater and valve like mine sold for £36 a few weeks back.

The next bit I'm looking for is a PH controller to tie it all together :)
[snapback]854093[/snapback]​

How big is your tank smithrc, and how long do you think the co2 will last, im really trying to find out how much the 500g bottles will last, any ideas?

Edit: i forgot are you going to run it 24/7 or switch it off at night

Sorry Bloozoo for hijacking your thread but maybe we can learn together :) if thats allright.

Well if you check out that link from D&D in my fist post, it says "based on a dose rate of 1.5g of CO2 per 100 litres per day, the 600g bottle should therefor last 400 days" ( know it's not a 500g bottle, but working on that, it's probably around 335 then - so almost a year ! :hyper: ) - if that's true of course...... :unsure:

Hey, Zig I'm all for hijacking and learning together ! :D

bloozoo2 said:
Well if you check out that link from D&D in my fist post, it says "based on a dose rate of 1.5g of CO2 per 100 litres per day, the 600g bottle should therefor last 400 days" ( know it's not a 500g bottle, but working on that, it's probably around 335 then - so almost a year ! :hyper: ) - if that's true of course...... :unsure:

Hey, Zig I'm all for hijacking and learning together ! :D
[snapback]854102[/snapback]​

Cool, the reason i ask about the 24/7 is some people switch them off at night to save co2 but it causes Ph swings, i think id leave mine on 24/7.

zig said:
How big is your tank smithrc, and how long do you think the co2 will last, im really trying to find out how much the 500g bottles will last, any ideas?

Sorry Bloozoo for hijacking your thread but maybe we can learn together :) if thats allright.
[snapback]854098[/snapback]​

It was on a 200l tank - 24hours - i have yet to fit it all to the newly decided planted tank

The 390g tank lasted me about 3 months. I was using about 35 bubbles a minute.
what that is in grams I haven't got a clue!

We ended up with a PH of 7, KH 9 so about 30ppm :)
however - we had a problem over night and came down to dead fish (Lorna's favorite Plec :byebye: ) and since then the pressurised system has been shelved until i sorted out a solenoid (we moved just after this and the 4ft tank is no longer setup).

smithrc said:
zig said:

[snapback]854098[/snapback]​

It was on a 200l tank - 24hours - i have yet to fit it all to the newly decided planted tank

The 390g tank lasted me about 3 months. I was using about 35 bubbles a minute.
what that is in grams I haven't got a clue!

We ended up with a PH of 7, KH 9 so about 30ppm :)
however - we had a problem over night and came down to dead fish (Lorna's favorite Plec :byebye: ) and since then the pressurised system has been shelved until i sorted out a solenoid (we moved just after this and the 4ft tank is no longer setup).
[snapback]854111[/snapback]​

ok cheers for that, my tank is 160 litres, so if i used the 500g bottles id probably get about 3 months leaveing it on 24/7......not bad.......might still get a bigger one though.

Thankyou

Edit:i should learn to read properly, auctually id get longer, even better, might be worthwhile so.

I'd say go for it if you have the cash.

I'm getting a Dennerle pressurized re-fillable system for £130.

Expensive but worth it in my opinion for the saving in time and effort. Stable CO2 and pH levels are more acheivable too with a pressurized system. Even running the CO2 24/7 the pH shouldn't fluctuate more than about 0.2 pH. With a yeast-system a similar stabilty would require a lot of maintenance i.e. changing multiple mixtures. I change my 2 Nutrafins every 5 days - a right chore when you're busy!

I'd say that was cheap - £130 is not a lot more than my lot has cost me shopping about seperatly...

Most reactions

trending

Back