markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
my male cynotilapia afra "jalo reef" now starting to settle and colour up

jaloreef1.jpg

jaloreef2.jpg

jaloreef.jpg

jaloreef3.jpg

Stunning photos of a beautiful fish. Top photo is my fave, it's just so defined. Cheers for posting :)

thankyou . the 1st pic is my fave too . must of took around 50 to get that 1 lol . heres just how much the fish has changed . this is when i got him around 2 months ago
IMG_8028.jpg

Can`t tell you how envious I am of you Mark :sick: :sick: :sick: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lovely colouring and it just confirms to me that as soon as I can get hold of some Jalo`s I`ll definitely be adding some to my tank too :good:

thanks lise . hes starting to try and impress the ladies now so you never know there may be some fry in the near future .

if i get any fry , as previously promised il send you some no probs . have you tried looking on aquarist classifieds?

if i get any fry , as previously promised il send you some no probs . have you tried looking on aquarist classifieds?

I really appreciate that Mark thanks, but only if you`d be happy with sending them, if you`re not then don`t worry about it :good:

I check AC regularly but the Jalo Reef are very few and far between locally and most people unless they`re very experienced won`t post, which I can understand. I went into Bournemouth to a place called 'The Reptilium' and I wasn`t too impressed with the place so declined when he offered to try and order some Jalo`s in for me so I`ll just have to hang on for a while I think :/

lekh has the whitetop likoma which are very similar to the jalo reefs and he posts . ive never sent fish before but if i get and raise some fry im willing to give it a try .

lekh has the whitetop likoma which are very similar to the jalo reefs and he posts . ive never sent fish before but if i get and raise some fry im willing to give it a try .

Only trouble with the whitetop likoma is that they look too similar to the mpangas and socolofi and I would like something that has different colouring :/

tbh id say the level of similarity isnt massively different . really its pretty muchj just the yellow dorsal fin in the jalos thats missing in the likoma . ive got mpanga and jalo reef in my tank , and id say that when you factor in the yellow in the dorsal of the mpanga , that the likoma are acctually slightl;y less similar. which is why i bought the pombo rocks instead of the likoma when i went to see lekh as the 2 afras were too similar to each other .

looking good mark glad to see things are still going well :good:

thanks mate . loving the mbuna . trying to mix mbuna with peacocks was just too much trouble . since moving on the peacocks and sticking to just mbuna im loving africans even more .

I dont blaim you mate :) any pics of a full tank shot just with the mbuna?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back