Cycling Completed?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I don't understand the modern cycling using ammonia in an empty tank and sitting for like 6-8 weeks for something to happen, that method of cycling makes no sense to me and I really don't know why anyone would do it unless you are a masochist.

I agree that the nitrogen cycle has always been there and that a balanced aquarium has always been understood, but what some people are doing now is loosing the reality of what that is all about.
Perhaps because we were taught science well, back in the day. This not only involved learning the principles, but also how to question and research. If only small bits are given and it is spoon-fed, the skills of research are not cultivated.
You could charge more if the fish were included too....have "specials" with different fish to go with the various different sized aquariums ;)
I was thinking that fish would be included...with the right fish.
Bruce loves the Arowana in the 20 gallon, wasn't it
That would be a genetically-modified arrowana.

The Instant Aquarium....

Box includes :

Aquarium
Heater
Filter
Filter media, substrate and a choice of ornaments/plants pretreated with all the lovely bacteria (needs water to activate)
Plus a choice of colourful, easy to care for fish

All for........including shipping!
I'm remembering those adverts, on the backs of American comics, for Sea Monkeys! :oops:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back