Custom-made Dual Aquarium Stand Costing?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

D34DLY

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey there!,

Just thought I'd throw a quick out there and perhaps get a good discussion going.

I've got a good project on the make, and so would like some suggestions and possible advice.

Before I do contact people asking for quotes, (I'm not ready just yet, due to not enough measurements.)

Basically the idea is to have a aquarium at the bottom for a gecko or two, and a large aquarium at the top for fish. Refer to the following for the floorplan:
55nekl.jpg

The aquarium on the bottom will be a pretty small cube (or close to rectangle), positioned in a way a side is on the diagonal line (thereby in view.)

The top one will be a full square, thereby to avoid overhanging the top of the stand will not have a diagonal line, instead will be a full rectangle.

However, could someone tell me the price to make the stand myself? Where I could get the resources from? (Im in the UK).

And then perhaps an estimate of the price if I had someone else make such tank?

Just to look back:

- It will need one shelf for a tank for no water.
- On top of that it will need a 300+ litre tank space to fit on the top..
- Consider it a normal stand, however it has a diagonal line and instead of a cupboard, another shelf for a tank.

Thank guys!

If you're unsure, just ask!

I'll be sure to create some diagrams too!

Although I can't help with supplies as I'm in California, I can tell you it would be much cheaper to build your own. What you will need is 2"x4" boards for the framing, and either plywood or mdf to skin it with. There are a couple of threads in the diy section showing how to build a stand. Check them out, its not hard, if you have a saw and a drill.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back