Custom Led Lighting Units

Ps3Steveo

Planted Experimentalist
Reaction score
Custom LED lighting units built, can be made from bare pine so you can stain them yourself to match your decor, any wattage you require. Can also be made to look very modern with aluminium hollow bar, these units can be made with legs to sit above your tank or without so you can fit them inside your hood or suspend them with the appropriate kit. By letting me know what tank size you have, what plants you would like to grow or whether its just for lighting a tank without plants it can be made to suit your needs. Please be aware that LED's are powerful and may need to be suspended if you require lower light than the most basic LED's provide. These have a 20 year life span if you use them for an 8 hour photo period every day and give a beautiful shimmer on the tank substrate and plants too. For all first orders I wont make a penny on them either, they will be made at cost of materials. :)

Here is some pictures of what I can do.

Mum's Camera 183 by ps3steveo, on Flickr

LED's by ps3steveo, on Flickr

LED LIGHTING 1 by ps3steveo, on Flickr

LED LIGHTING 2 by ps3steveo, on Flickr

Looking excellent mate!
Replying to this post as I might need to call on you in the near future if plans go to effect!
Guessing this saves $$$ on tube lighting!!
Cheers
Ben
:D

It saves a lot of money on electricity used and the amount of light you get for your money. I've seen 5ft tubes for a reasonable planted tank go for 900quid where as I could set one up for less than a third of that with more wattage. :)

Hmmm I might be interested in some of these. I have 2 fluval Roma 200s an they cost a fair bit to run. Ones planted the others just a SA community. Would you be able to design new lighting systems for these tanks. I'd want to keep them with lids tho. Thanks Dan

Steve
Can you do any thing for a marine set up?
A juwel 125 is the tank need something that would fit under the hood
High wattage as well as a mix of blue and white
Let me know mate ie quote
Cheers
John

Hmmm I might be interested in some of these. I have 2 fluval Roma 200s an they cost a fair bit to run. Ones planted the others just a SA community. Would you be able to design new lighting systems for these tanks. I'd want to keep them with lids tho. Thanks Dan

Can you give me dimensions of the space inside the hood I'd have to work with please mate? Also are there any braces or horizontal structure to lay the unit on? Pictures would be good to get an idea of what we have to work with. Also for lighting needs are both low light or is the planted high light? CO2 injected etc?

Steve
Can you do any thing for a marine set up?
A juwel 125 is the tank need something that would fit under the hood
High wattage as well as a mix of blue and white
Let me know mate ie quote
Cheers
John

Yeah its not a problem mate, can you give me some pictures maybe of the space we'd have to work with inside the hood? Also any horizontal braces or structure to sit the unit on so it fits under the hood and doesn't fall in the tank etc?

I have a 5 x 1.5 x 2ft tank. I would be looking to fix it to the underside of the hood (bear in mind the hood has an opening flap)

I was about to order a juwel light unit but this interests me. What kind of figures are we talking? What are the lights you use mate

Thanks

How much was the Juwel light unit out of curiosity? I use 1,3,5 & 10W CREE copy LED's from China, never had a bad one since I've been doing this, I can build any type of lighting you need mate, high, low, very low for just viewing the fish with no affect on plants. PM me mate with some dimensions, pictures of the tank and lid etc and I'll see what I can come up with.

I'm not looking anything special. The only plants I'm intending to keep are java fern, giant vallis and amazon swords, that said I'd maybe like other options in the future. Hers a few pics

8ef1175f.jpg

48b3e342.jpg

a57512c9.jpg

6c869abd.jpg

I'll see if I can get a few better pics up later. There is approx 120 mm space between the top of the condensation tray and the underside of the hood however the hinges are in the centre so would affect it. I would have a go myself but I've no idea on what materials are needed etc

Do you use a complete condensation lid to cover the square holes between the braces? If so then it can lay on top of the braces jut fine.

Yes there are sliding glass panes. Didn't have them fitted at the time of the pics

Most reactions

Back