Cryptoheros Nanaluteus

Awilcox

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I hear these are a kind of "secret cichlid" what have you guys heard about them? I aquired 4 from my lfs today because the owner and I have a good relationship, I give him some of my fry and he tries and gets me some cool cichlids from some of his contacts, pretty good deal I would say. So have I aquired another "convict" or possibly a pot of gold?

Just looked these up, beauties! DEFINITELY breed them. I'm already in the queue for fry :)

Awesome! I'm excited for these guys :) right now I have some juvenile pink cons, sajicas, honduran red points and the nanaluteus that are all in my 20 gal long for now till I get rid of my parrots and pink pair and their fry, I'm really excited to see what I can get out of these guys! My lfs was selling then for 18 a piece so I'm hoping to maybe get a bit of profit from these guys

They are a great fish! Quite rare but not unobtainable :) £18 sounds a bit expensive but fair in some shops.

All I would say is in a 20g that is a lot of fish and a lot of fiesty cichlids that can all cross breed with each other so the odds of pairs forming are pretty high... maybe just be careful and try to spread them out.

Also the Nanoluteous are one of the calmest central american cichlids out there so I would say they are at risk especially in a small tank with Sajicas.

Wills

Yeah I am going to change stuff around soon I hope, need to get rid of some fish. All the fish in the tank are max 4 months old, still pretty small and I haven't seen much aggression surprisingly

Which lfs? do they have any more. Ive been after some of these for a while now...................... (ever since wills pointed me in there direction over a year ago)

No my lfs got them in just for me, he's been trying to find me some less comon CA cichlids, I can ask him who he got them from.

Lloyd - Oddballs Express has some in at the moment and they do postage if your not close to them - they are in Stafordshire

Wills

Ohhh, now I've seen these but didn't have a tank where they could breed without destroying the place at the time. Good luck with the project, and definitely watch them with those sajicas.

I'm moving these guys to their own 20 gal this week, I'm excited to see how they turn out and what I can get for fry :)

they are fantasic fish ,you will have no problems selling the fry.

I lost all four I had, I'm bummin. I think it was a water quality issue, they're so sensitive, and they were still pretty tiny when I got them. I'm kicking myself though, such nice fish. Once I sell the honduran rp fry I have I'll probably try and get my lfs to get more for me. I feel like I let everyone down by killing these fish! Damn.

Most reactions

trending

Back