cruelty to fishes!?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

BlackWolf0503 said:
All good reasons to support your Local Fish Store. Get to knowthe people their. They will know what's in your tank & what you can & can't put in. I had a water problem & asked if i could buy more fish (knowing the answer was no) & the LFS guy said "no, not with water like that, bring in another test next week & we'll see. Untill then NO FISH" I liked that answer. They know enough & care enough about the fish they sell to tell me not to buy them.
Yea I hate huge chains like petco. They treat all their fish like crap, and the people they hire are meant to do one thing: Sell Fish. They know NOTHING about fish. At my lfs (Which happens to be down the block from petco), everyone in there knows me (Since I go in like once or twice a week :p) and when I was speaking to the guy that runs it, he said "The difference between me and petco, is when you ask me a question I will know the answer."

CFC said:
lets just hope that now theyve taken over asdas we dont suddenly start seeing fish sold in supermarkets over here.
this is totally lame but it just popped into my head when reading the above quote... Supermarkets already sell fish! Dead, edible ones maybe, but fish! (yes i know you meant pet fish, i just had to say that...)

and as for these fish coffee tables and overstocked tanks and such, i think that its kind of like the bonsai kittens some guy in new york's doing... Putting young kittens into glass jars/cubes and then feeding them through a tube and superglueing a tube to their butt so that they don't mess up the glass with their poop and such. http://www.bonsaikitten.com/ is the site, i don't care to make a link... also, i believe that both the bonsai kitten thing and the overstocking of fish is cruel.

The bonsai kitten website was put up for a joke apparently there is no truth in it at all, was reading about it other day, the guy that created the website achieved what he set out to do... **** off a lot of people :)

The bonsai kitten website was put up for a joke apparently there is no truth in it at all, was reading about it other day, the guy that created the website achieved what he set out to do... **** off a lot of people

It does read like a joke and i blooming well hope that it is...if not it's sick! :no:

Most reactions

Back