Crs

i dont ust want to make money, i want to make a small planted shrimp tank, and i wanted crs but didnt want them in my community tank incase i lost any. it would be nice to make some money but i would rather have a nice plante tank with a few shrimp than a small tank filled with lots of shrimp if they breed. i know they might not breed im just asking people. im hoping they will breed but i know they might not. im sorry if this thread has made me look like im justt doing it for money but these are not my intentions. i dont think i can have any fish in a 19L tank.

i dont ust want to make money, i want to make a small planted shrimp tank, and i wanted crs but didnt want them in my community tank incase i lost any. it would be nice to make some money but i would rather have a nice plante tank with a few shrimp than a small tank filled with lots of shrimp if they breed. i know they might not breed im just asking people. im hoping they will breed but i know they might not. im sorry if this thread has made me look like im justt doing it for money but these are not my intentions. i dont think i can have any fish in a 19L tank.

I got some japanese blue guppies which you could have a pair.
I also breed cherrie shrimp if u wanted to try them first, much easier then CRS.

im getting cherries for the commuity but i havent got them yet so i might consider getting some of you. and would 5 ember tetras be ok?

im getting cherries for the commuity but i havent got them yet so i might consider getting some of you. and would 5 ember tetras be ok?

yes if you do weekly water changes as 19l is not a lot of water, and if ur feeding the plants too then your have to watch the water quality

im not feeding the plants. the plants in there are. japonica, hygrophilia, twisted vallis, moss balls, java moss, HC and elodia. its a fluval 1+ for upto 45 litres and a 25W heater. thare is a thermometer in there and the temp is 26 degrees.

HC will die it needs high light, doses of fertilisers and CO2 source. The Moss and the elodea will be fine not sure on the rest. CRS are easy to breed once you have the water quality right and a large quantity of plants to hide in they will breed as quickly as RCS.

Good on you if you want to breed them and if you do...AND if you make some money from them. Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. Its not as if you are going to do a release programme is it! lol That said, I've heard they are difficult to breed in any numbers.

well im going to wait 2 and a half months before i get them but im stuck between either S grade CRS or SS grade CBS. what do you people prefer? this is the tank atm:the tank.

if you have noticed not all the plants are in there am because ive yet to get them.

this is my 2ft tank with 50+ cjetty shrimp and a few guppies

DSCF3625.jpg

So once yours is settled it will be fine

time and time again people say 'you shouldnt be breeding for money' once people come onto forums such as this one they have already ticked the box to prove that they are serious about fish keeping. after that of course people would like to make a few quid here and there. very few people would breed fish/shrimps etc and then not want to sell them to make some money. i think if you can make a few quid it adds to the enjoyment and gives a sense of achievment. look at everyone trying to breed the l046. its pretty clear a major percentage of these people are trying to make money from it. now the price of l046 is dropping everyones got worried and started to sell up before they lose anymore money. theres been LOADS for sale recently. rant over lol

time and time again people say 'you shouldnt be breeding for money' once people come onto forums such as this one they have already ticked the box to prove that they are serious about fish keeping. after that of course people would like to make a few quid here and there. very few people would breed fish/shrimps etc and then not want to sell them to make some money. i think if you can make a few quid it adds to the enjoyment and gives a sense of achievment. look at everyone trying to breed the l046. its pretty clear a major percentage of these people are trying to make money from it. now the price of l046 is dropping everyones got worried and started to sell up before they lose anymore money. theres been LOADS for sale recently. rant over lol
thats what i was thinking. it is a sense of acieving something by making a few quid but also enjoying keeping and breeding them at the same time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back