Crown-tail?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Kiri

Reaction score
What is the difference between a crown-tail and a comb.... I think we have 2 crowns....is there a web site which is excellent as my b/f is mad on them, mentioned today he'd love to buy more tanks and just have males in them....arghhhh, I already have 4 lge tanks and my house isn't that big! The first crown we got is a navy blue/black but when he display's there is an awesome pale blue color in the finnage. The latest addition has a dark brown body with cream-fawn colored fins but it appears there is a black lining appearring on the tips..is this normal?

hi there Kiri. I just bought a comb tail betta myself the other day, and there is quite a difference between them and the crown tails. Crown tails usually have much larger finnage and it spreads out quite a bit more..although I am not an expert I am just saying what I have seen. Basically a crown tail is just an extreme form of a comb tail..this site shows some excellent pictures of crown tails, so you can compare them to your own fish:
Crown Tail Betta Pics

OH and BTW the black coloration that is appearing on the tips is perfectly normal (unless it is a form of fungus, which I think you would be able to tell) usually bettas change color throughout there life until they get older

hope I helped ya a bit! ;)

Hey thanks for that...big help! The site you recommended has also been a big help as it had the evidence I needed to win a bet with my b/f lol. Our first Crown tail looks black but up close he's definitely blue, my b/f was adamant that I was wrong and he was right. The navy blue in the site is identical to Quivering Qunicey....our shy Male betta. :lol:

Most reactions

Back