Crazy Stories Thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Honestly possums are almost worse than coyotes!

I would love to hear wolves in person, they are my absolute favorite animal ever. I want to visit Alaska someday and see the northern lights and a pack of wolves, like those wildlife photographers.
I think that meeting a possum would scare me way more than meeting a bear. :lol:

No, id be more scared of a stray chiwawa... (No, seriously, I mean it)
I dislike chihuahuas very much. They are yappy and aggressive:lol: I also dislike corgis... they are cute, but have so much attitude. Not personality, attitude

I dislike chihuahuas very much. They are yappy and aggressive:lol: I also dislike corgis... they are cute, but have so much attitude. Not personality, attitude
Yah, agreed... There has only been 1 or 2 chiwawas ive loved... I forget their names...

Yah, agreed... There has only been 1 or 2 chiwawas ive loved... I forget their names...
Idk that I have ever loved a chihuahua. I am sure if it were my dog I would love it though. What is your favorite dog breed?

Idk that I have ever loved a chihuahua. I am sure if it were my dog I would love it though. What is your favorite dog breed?
One and only one staffordshire terrier stole my heart... I loved that dog and its made me see the beauty in that breed... But ive always loved shepherds and huskies... Especially a shepherd husky mix!

One and only one staffordshire terrier stole my heart... I loved that dog and its made me see the beauty in that breed... But ive always loved shepherds and huskies... Especially a shepherd husky mix!
Awwww. I adore huskies, and how talkative they are. German shepherds, or some other type of shepherd? I have an australian shepherd. I love almost any type of spaniel (cocker spaniels especially) and australian shepherds

Awwww. I adore huskies, and how talkative they are. German shepherds, or some other type of shepherd? I have an australian shepherd. I love almost any type of spaniel (cocker spaniels especially) and australian shepherds
Most any shepherd really... I love German shepherds... But I also love Australian shepherds!

I adore huskies, and how talkative they are.
Yeah, the one we have now (which we're also sure has other breeds in her) is pretty talkative... When we ask her to stop barking she lets out a teeny little arooroo roo... As if to say: "Imma get the final word here, but fine I'll stop"

I think that meeting a possum would scare me way more than meeting a bear. :lol:
Honestly possums are almost worse than coyotes!

I had a face-to-face encounter with a large possum. Much to my chagrin, it did not play dead - it hissed and showed its teeth (and I took off).

Interestingly, possums don't actually "play dead". When threatened, they go into shock and pass out. It's a completely involuntary response.

I had a face-to-face encounter with a large possum. Much to my chagrin, it did not play dead - it hissed and showed it's teeth (and I took off).

Interestingly, possums don't actually "play dead". When threatened, they go into shock and pass out. It's a completely involuntary response.
That is kind of sad. We had possums take several of our ducks!

I had a face-to-face encounter with a large possum. Much to my chagrin, it did not play dead - it hissed and showed it's teeth (and I took off).
There's just something...primitive about possums that kind of creeps me out. Maybe it's the way they hiss. Give me a good growl any day--I can deal with growl. o_O I have read that possums will completely rid your yard of ticks. They eat them like candy. Somehow, this does not diminish my discomfort with them. ha ha We don't have them here. You can keep 'em.

There's just something...primitive about possums that kind of creeps me out. Maybe it's the way they hiss. Give me a good growl any day--I can deal with growl. o_O I have read that possums will completely rid your yard of ticks. They eat them like candy. Somehow, this does not diminish my discomfort with them. ha ha We don't have them here. You can keep 'em.
Ya know what else will completely diminish the yard of ticks? Three large dogs to keep the deer away :rofl: We have 3 outdoor dogs and we didn't find a single tick all summer!

I like that they eat ticks! Eat em up possums!

How about another crazy story? (Have I met my quota yet? I enjoy telling stories. Feel free to tell me to pipe down and go do something productive)

When I was a lot younger, I studied taekwondo with a guy named Jae Ho Sim. (probably misspelled) Jae Ho was a bit like Master Yoda: Unassuming, funny, humble, one of the kindest and most generous guys you're ever likely to meet...who could also kick your butt about three different ways without exerting himself. I never learned the exact extent of his expertise, but I know he had been a member of the first U.S. Olympic taekwondo team, and he had high-degree black belts in at least three different martial arts. At some point before this story happened, one of the advanced students had asked Jae Ho what he'd do if someone could knock him down, and he had jokingly replied that he'd give them a black belt. It was kind of a running joke around the dojong.

Anyway, there was a big group of us that always worked out together, and we all got to be pretty good friends. One halloween there was a costume party at the informal part of the dojong. We weren't doing taekwondo, just having a party. Jae Ho was dressed like a clown, drinking a cup of punch and cracking jokes with a few other people, when one of the red belts decided to take the dare. His name was Dan if I remember correctly, a really talented fighter who was about to test for his black belt anyway. He snuck up behind Jae Ho and grabbed him by the shoulders. In about as much time as it takes to sniff, Jae Ho dropped into a crouch, flipped Dan over his shoulder and slammed him to the mat, dropped a knee on his chest, and cocked a fist back ready to drop a punch. He was laughing.

And he didn't spill his drink.

As far as I know, nobody ever tried that again.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back