Crazy Stories Thread

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Iā€™m telling a story on my husband. I believe this happened during the summer. I was at home doing some window cleaning. He took the grocery list and went to town (we lived in the country) in his pick up truck. Since the weather was fine, he drove with his windows down.
He got all the items on the grocery list, left the store and lit a cigarette as he loaded the paper bags in the back of his truck. It was seven miles back home. He got in the drivers seat, smoked and relaxed for a leisurely drive home. He had a bad habit of flipping his cigarette butts out the window and today was no different.
As heā€™s driving, he saw a policeman waving at him and thought he was being extra friendly. He had an uneventful return trip, until he came into our driveway. As he went by the house, I fought a glimpse of flames coming out of the truck.
As he came to a stop, I came running out of the house flapping my arms a screeching the truck was on fire. About then. a bottle of soda exploded. It finally dawned on him that our groceries had been on fire for a good while. He tried to salvage what he could. He looked at me with a dawning realization and said ā€œThat policeman wasnā€™t being friendly, he was trying to tell me my truck was on fire.ā€ He never lived this stunt down.

Iā€™m telling a story on my husband. I believe this happened during the summer. I was at home doing some window cleaning. He took the grocery list and went to town (we lived in the country) in his pick up truck. Since the weather was fine, he drove with his windows down.
He got all the items on the grocery list, left the store and lit a cigarette as he loaded the paper bags in the back of his truck. It was seven miles back home. He got in the drivers seat, smoked and relaxed for a leisurely drive home. He had a bad habit of flipping his cigarette butts out the window and today was no different.
As heā€™s driving, he saw a policeman waving at him and thought he was being extra friendly. He had an uneventful return trip, until he came into our driveway. As he went by the house, I fought a glimpse of flames coming out of the truck.
As he came to a stop, I came running out of the house flapping my arms a screeching the truck was on fire. About then. a bottle of soda exploded. It finally dawned on him that our groceries had been on fire for a good while. He tried to salvage what he could. He looked at me with a dawning realization and said ā€œThat policeman wasnā€™t being friendly, he was trying to tell me my truck was on fire.ā€ He never lived this stunt down.
Now that is taking fast food BBQ a little tiny bit too literally methinks.....

Guess what, sweet heart? I cooked dinner!

One time my family went to Florida so we could visit family down there... Well we were at a resort and we were all sitting there earing dinner. It JUST SO HAPPENS that it's karaoke night... So we got to listen to people singing which was very nice. Everyone had a nice voice....
Now me I would never ever EVER get up on a stage and sing EVER. And neither would my nieces and nephew. Makes sense.
My dad all of a sudden comes over with a paper and says: "IF you were to sing up on stage what would it be from this list". I said: Well... IF I was to it would be this but I'm not doing it." He then goes: "Well that one is taken so IF you were to do one that wasn't taken what would it be." I then said as sternly as I could get away with towards my dad: "IF I was to do one which I'm not. I can't. It would beeee... The theme song from Gilligan's Island."... (I know poor choice. But it was the only one not crossed off that I at least somewhat knew by heartšŸ¤£
So I'm sitting there eating my dinner and laughing the incident off with my nieces and nephew when all of a sudden my dad goes: "Oh hey it's your guys' turn..." I go: "HAHAHA that's funny. Your not getting me with that." Then he goes: "No seriously its your turn along with your nieces and nephew..." My face just went numb... I'm dying. I'm like noooo no no no.... So I'm literally shaking while walking up to the podium and the host has a mic. He says: "Oh look we have a trio here. Make sure to share the mic guys!" I said with all honesty: "Oh that won't be a problem" šŸ¤£.
So he hands the mic to us... And guess what... My nieces and nephew couldn't sing one word... They were terrified and didn't know the lyrics. My parents say they did sing but I'm standing right there and one of them turned to me while I was handing the mic over so they could try and she used her lips to say NO... I'm legit having a seizure it feels like walking down...

Hereā€™s my crazy story-
Last week, my wife and I headed west for a vacation; Yellowstone, the Tetons, etc.
On Tuesday night, we were having supper at some fancy place in Jackson, when a crown popped off my tooth.
My tooth was hurting, so the next morning, I called every dentist in Jackson, looking for someone to stick the crown back on. The soonest anyone could do it would be the following (Thursday) morning. So, I spent Wednesday suffering and doing touristy stuff.
Thursday morning, I got my crown stuck back on, and the dentist told me not to eat for a few hours. I had already skipped breakfast, but okay.
We headed north through Idaho, planning to spend the night in Bozeman. My wife wanted to find a place with a pool and hot tub, and I thought that would be a good idea.
After checking in to the hotel, we went and got a pizza, and some huckleberry lemonade (hard lemonade) to try.
I hadnā€™t really eaten all day, so I had far more pizza than was necessary, along with one of the huckleberries. Then it was time to hit the pool!
We sat in the hot tub for a while, got hot, and then jumped into the cold pool. Then we got back into the hot tub.
After a few minutes, my wife decided to get back into the pool. I wasnā€™t about to get back in to the cold water, but the hot tub was too hot, so I got out. I started feeling light headed at this point, so I sat on the edge of the hot tub, and waited for the feeling to passā€¦ā€¦
I was waking up from this dream. I was underwater, struggling, and blowing bubbles. I stood up, and saw that I was in a hot tub. I was confused. Why was I swimming in a hot tub? Oh, yeah, I was just sitting there, having a dizzy spell. I realized I must have passed out, and dropped back in to the water!
My wife was oblivious. She was occupied with reading the signage around the pool- no glass, no running, etc.
I sat in a chair for a while, trying to catch my breath, and then headed back up to the room. I learned that the heat from a hot tub can cause a drop in blood pressure, and can be exacerbated by alcohol. Interesting. I had always wondered why so many people drown in hot tubs.
Now I know.

Hereā€™s my crazy story-
Last week, my wife and I headed west for a vacation; Yellowstone, the Tetons, etc.
On Tuesday night, we were having supper at some fancy place in Jackson, when a crown popped off my tooth.
My tooth was hurting, so the next morning, I called every dentist in Jackson, looking for someone to stick the crown back on. The soonest anyone could do it would be the following (Thursday) morning. So, I spent Wednesday suffering and doing touristy stuff.
Thursday morning, I got my crown stuck back on, and the dentist told me not to eat for a few hours. I had already skipped breakfast, but okay.
We headed north through Idaho, planning to spend the night in Bozeman. My wife wanted to find a place with a pool and hot tub, and I thought that would be a good idea.
After checking in to the hotel, we went and got a pizza, and some huckleberry lemonade (hard lemonade) to try.
I hadnā€™t really eaten all day, so I had far more pizza than was necessary, along with one of the huckleberries. Then it was time to hit the pool!
We sat in the hot tub for a while, got hot, and then jumped into the cold pool. Then we got back into the hot tub.
After a few minutes, my wife decided to get back into the pool. I wasnā€™t about to get back in to the cold water, but the hot tub was too hot, so I got out. I started feeling light headed at this point, so I sat on the edge of the hot tub, and waited for the feeling to passā€¦ā€¦
I was waking up from this dream. I was underwater, struggling, and blowing bubbles. I stood up, and saw that I was in a hot tub. I was confused. Why was I swimming in a hot tub? Oh, yeah, I was just sitting there, having a dizzy spell. I realized I must have passed out, and dropped back in to the water!
My wife was oblivious. She was occupied with reading the signage around the pool- no glass, no running, etc.
I sat in a chair for a while, trying to catch my breath, and then headed back up to the room. I learned that the heat from a hot tub can cause a drop in blood pressure, and can be exacerbated by alcohol. Interesting. I had always wondered why so many people drown in hot tubs.
Now I know.
Don't drink and hottub. A public service message from The Fish Forum.

Glad you're OK.

Came within inches of hitting a UPS truck head on yesterday:
FE99BAFD-29B4-4AC9-80A3-9C5FC4F98179.png

Bad reflection because I took the picture off of my dash cam/mirror.

Man came screaming around the corner. I live on a very narrow, less than one lane gravel road.

If I wouldnā€™t have pulled off to the right at the last second, I would have hit him straight on. I absolutely slammed on the breaks, but the car was still skidding because of the gravel. Man was that a close one.

Hereā€™s my crazy story-
Now I know.
Iā€™m not allowed in hot tubs or baths by doctors orders for a similar reason. Glad youā€™re okay!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back