Crabs And Hermit Crabs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

shooter tom

Reaction score
hi,

i have just brought my second tropical tank and want to keep 3 red claw crabs and 1 hermit crab or 1 lobster in it. it is 23 gallons in size. please can anyone give me any advice on weather this is possible and any tips on keeping them?

thanks, tom

hi,

i have just brought my second tropical tank and want to keep 3 red claw crabs and 1 hermit crab or 1 lobster in it. it is 23 gallons in size. please can anyone give me any advice on weather this is possible and any tips on keeping them?

thanks, tom

not in that sized tank! and, probably not at all. red claw crabs are LAND critters, though they need access to brackish water. I am unsure on Hermit crabs, most are marine. though some are semi terrestrial, i think they still need Marine water. and Lobsters? True Lobsters are Marine and totally aquatic. but the term often is applied to Crayfish. these are Freshwater critters, but Australian Redclaws can be kept in water with up to 5ppm of salt. I have kept 1 Redclaw crayfish and 3 red claw crab in the same tropical tank, with no problems. but it is not to be recommended as they need, totally, different environments.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back