CPD mom

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

CPDtank96

Reaction score
Hi everyone- been wanting to join a forum for a while but Iā€™ve just been so nervous - hope you donā€™t bite! I have a 38L planted tank for my CPDs and shrimp - returning to the hobby after a break so Iā€™m basically new again as everything has improved so much! Hope to hear from you all and happy fishkeeping :3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 59
Very nice little tank set up! Like the layout and plants.

I have had CPDs before, very nice peaceful little guys and their colours when theyā€™ve settled and at their peak can be stunning and very very nice little fish.

Would suggest a group of 6 minimum as these are fairly sociable but skittish fish as can be a bit easily spooked so the larger the number of them the better for them really.

Hereā€™s a pic of a couple of my cpds I had before. Might well get them again one day ;)
C228696A-FB76-4D21-98F9-515E4A5462DF.jpeg

Very nice little tank set up! Like the layout and plants.

I have had CPDs before, very nice peaceful little guys and their colours when theyā€™ve settled and at their peak can be stunning and very very nice little fish.

Would suggest a group of 6 minimum as these are fairly sociable but skittish fish as can be a bit easily spooked so the larger the number of them the better for them really.

Hereā€™s a pic of a couple of my cpds I had before. Might well get them again one day ;)
View attachment 145188
The colours on your males are brilliant!!! What were you feeding them - their mouths are so small ! Thanks so much for your reply and help - nice to hear from other peopleā€™s opinions and knowledge šŸ˜Š Great little fish have to agree with you and you most definitely should get some more šŸ˜† Whats another few fish hey šŸ˜ I have a decent sized group in my tank but as theyā€™re always darting in and out of the plants it is very difficult to count - best bet is when I tap the glass and they come out for breakfast šŸ˜‚ There are around 10 in there approximately at the moment unless Iā€™ve counted some twice! The males do this wiggling at the females and I wondered is that a courtship thing???? Some of the males chase each other as well which is a bit wild but guessing it is all normal? šŸ¤£

Welcome to the mad fish person's meeting place.....where the only things that bite are the passing Piranha (and occasionally a Mod ;) )

:)

All those behaviours are sounding pretty normal so no real worries there as you have plants and hiding spaces that help to break lines of sight, so looks good to me and having 10 of them is a good number, probably max for your size of tank but ok.

I fed these guys mainly hikari micro pellets, live or sometimes frozen cyclops and daphnia and suchlike.

You can get other types of fish food, just simply grind the larger pellets up into tiny granules and these guys will eat those, actually now Iā€™m starting to remember them more they were greedy little gannets! :lol:

Avoid feeding them bloodworms, these are too big for these little guys, made that mistake once and was watching them almost choke on these bloodworms, never again! :blush:

Counting them, especially when they dart in and around plants can be annoying, did I already count him or not, here we go againā€¦1ā€¦2ā€¦.3ā€¦4ā€¦ stop moving!!ā€¦.5ā€¦.6..:lol:

Sometimes best to count them at feeding times and take a few pictures whilst theyā€™re feeding, makes it easier imho.

All those behaviours are sounding pretty normal so no real worries there as you have plants and hiding spaces that help to break lines of sight, so looks good to me and having 10 of them is a good number, probably max for your size of tank but ok.

I fed these guys mainly hikari micro pellets, live or sometimes frozen cyclops and daphnia and suchlike.

You can get other types of fish food, just simply grind the larger pellets up into tiny granules and these guys will eat those, actually now Iā€™m starting to remember them more they were greedy little gannets! :lol:

Avoid feeding them bloodworms, these are too big for these little guys, made that mistake once and was watching them almost choke on these bloodworms, never again! :blush:

Counting them, especially when they dart in and around plants can be annoying, did I already count him or not, here we go againā€¦1ā€¦2ā€¦.3ā€¦4ā€¦ stop moving!!ā€¦.5ā€¦.6..:lol:

Sometimes best to count them at feeding times and take a few pictures whilst theyā€™re feeding, makes it easier imho.
Awesome glad theyā€™re all at least being natural as you can hope for in a tank! šŸ¤Ŗ Certainly will not be going above the 10 (if it is actually 10 because my counting is poor! šŸ¤£) theyā€™re enough to handle as they are totally agree haha!
Thanks for the food advice - the tiny mouths are always a big consideration šŸ¤£ I might try them with daphnia one of the days as theyā€™ve only been having cyclops bless them šŸ„ŗ Grinding up food what an amazing idea would never have thought of that! Yes they are greedy!!!! They go crazy when the food goes in šŸ¤£
Oh my god thanks for the heads up will be sure to avoid bloodworms could not imagine watching the tiny things choking!!! Got to try these things though or we donā€™t learn right šŸ¤£
Oh my god itā€™s a nightmare when you have just woken up and theyā€™re all dashing and you have to recount about a thousand times šŸ¤£ The joys of being a fish parent no one tells you about the counting šŸ¤£ Can imagine a lot of small fish are the same šŸ˜Š
Another genius idea Iā€™ve learned so much already! Get that camera out of retirement and put it to good use hey!
Youā€™re all so friendly thanks for the warm welcome ā˜ŗļø

Hi everyone- been wanting to join a forum for a while but Iā€™ve just been so nervous - hope you donā€™t bite! I have a 38L planted tank for my CPDs and shrimp - returning to the hobby after a break so Iā€™m basically new again as everything has improved so much! Hope to hear from you all and happy fishkeeping :3
Fresh meat to nom-nom!
Mwah-haha-haaa!

Just kidding and welcome...nice, NICE tank.

I have tiny Chilli Rasbora in one of my tanks and there was some concern from another member about feeding them. These are smaller than CPDs and they enjoy frozen cyclops and Fluval Bug Bites flakes.
The latter is easy to crush to a powder, if necessary.

Fresh meat to nom-nom!
Mwah-haha-haaa!

Just kidding and welcome...nice, NICE tank.

I have tiny Chilli Rasbora in one of my tanks and there was some concern from another member about feeding them. These are smaller than CPDs and they enjoy frozen cyclops and Fluval Bug Bites flakes.
The latter is easy to crush to a powder, if necessary.
Hey there! Thank you so much ! The more plants the merrier I always say šŸ¤£
oh my god how cute šŸ„ŗ Is it a large tank or a nano tank? I have been tempted many a time by those tiny red cuties ! Canā€™t beat cyclops for those tiny mouths ! Bug bites is a wonderful idea for them ! Wonder what these tiny things eat in the wild... is it insects or tiny microorganisms or what?! Such impressive tiny creatures šŸ 

Hey there! Thank you so much ! The more plants the merrier I always say šŸ¤£
oh my god how cute šŸ„ŗ Is it a large tank or a nano tank? I have been tempted many a time by those tiny red cuties ! Canā€™t beat cyclops for those tiny mouths ! Bug bites is a wonderful idea for them ! Wonder what these tiny things eat in the wild... is it insects or tiny microorganisms or what?! Such impressive tiny creatures šŸ 
The Chilli are in a 100 litre SE Asian-themed tank. They share with Copper Harlequin, Cherry Barbs, a Panda Garra and Tyrion, a male Dwarf Gourami...and now lots of assorted shrimp; Caradina, Neocaradina and Wood.
I have a complete Journal describing this and my other South American-themed tank in a Journal.

For any info on fish, I always go to Seriously Fish.

The Chilli are in a 100 litre SE Asian-themed tank. They share with Copper Harlequin, Cherry Barbs, a Panda Garra and Tyrion, a male Dwarf Gourami...and now lots of assorted shrimp; Caradina, Neocaradina and Wood.
I have a complete Journal describing this and my other South American-themed tank in a Journal.

For any info on fish, I always go to Seriously Fish.
Wow that sounds totally awesome what a lucky bunch of chilliā€™s šŸŒ¶ Will check that out would love some inspiration! I will be sure to check it out - thanks so much for the warm welcome !

Hello šŸ‘‹ your tank is lovely! Welcome aboard šŸ˜€

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back