Corys And Rams

BobbyBray

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 2, 2009
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Alaska, USA
I've made the mistake too many times of buying fish before doing proper research on them, and as such I'll be bringing a rainbowfish back to the LFS soon since they told me it'd be ok to have only one in a tank. Well now he's depressed and lonely, and hides in the corner all day : (

Anyway, my question involves mixing corys and German Blue Rams. I've currently got 3 corys, but at some point I plan to get a pair of rams as the centerpiece fish of my 29 (US) gallon tank. Since corys and rams both hang out mostly towards the bottom of the tank I wanted to make sure that they mix well, and if so how many corys I could mingle with 2 rams? If they mix well then I'd like to eventually do at least 6 corys, but if people have had bad experiences with the two fish, I'll donate the corys to my GF's tank where they'll have more cory buddies to live with.

What do you guys think?
 
I've had Rams and Corys together. 6 Corys and 2 Rams should be fine. Just have some caves and hiding area for them. That is if this is a standard long tank and not a tall one with less bottom area.
 
Not sure what the dimensions are on a standard vs tall, but mine is 30L x 12W x 18H
 
Just watch them, rams can bully corries, particularly at feeding time, however it can work out. Check the temperature requirements for the species of cory you have as rams prefer warmer water and most corys are not too happy in the warmer temps. You have a back up plan so there is no harm trying them as long as the temps are compatible. I keep my rams and corries at 28 degrees.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top