Corys and Khulis?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm now wanting to know the populations of those tanks! :D
Differences in behaviour always intrigue me.
All three tanks have been setup for over 30 months; the population has changed over time so i'm not sure it is relevant - the only tank that has had a change in behavior is the 120 where initially i would see the kuhli once every couple of weeks and now i see them less often - the ones in one 29 have been out going since day 1 and the ones in the other 29 always hide (well at night they all come out and glass surf; so get those infra red glass out) - I suspect some of the ones in the out going tank were tank raised and all the ones in the other 29 were wild but this is just suspicion based on behavior when i initially obtained them. I find wild fishes in general are more skittish.

All three tanks have been setup for over 30 months; the population has changed over time so i'm not sure it is relevant
The other fish in a tank WILL affect kuhli behaviour.
Whilst they're a very sociable species with their own kind, they can be wary of other fish, especially the more active ones. When relaxed, they'll be active for most of the time. When less sure, they'll revert to a nocturnal lifestyle.

The other fish in a tank WILL affect kuhli behaviour.
Whilst they're a very sociable species with their own kind, they can be wary of other fish, especially the more active ones. When relaxed, they'll be active for most of the time. When less sure, they'll revert to a nocturnal lifestyle.
I am not saying the population of the tank doesn't matter; i am saying the population has changed over time. Look i don't know how long you've kept kuhli but i've kept them off and on for over 10 years in various environment and have observed them in these different environment. As far as I can tell the only tank that might make the kuhli a bit leary is the 120 due to the yoyo and angelfishes but the two 29 are similar enough there is no obvious reason for the difference in behavior. Just take my word for it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back