Cory's acting wierd

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Jo

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Help, one of my cory's has just died....he was find, then all of a sudden he started to hang with his head in the air and his tail down, found him dead this morning...now one of my others is actind strangely, hiding behind the filter head down, tail in the air...the other one and all the fish are all fine, could this be because there is more amonia at the bottom of the tank...?

Are you a fishy breeder geeza? said:
Help, one of my cory's has just died....he was find, then all of a sudden he started to hang with his head in the air and his tail down, found him dead this morning...now one of my others is actind strangely, hiding behind the filter head down, tail in the air...the other one and all the fish are all fine, could this be because there is more amonia at the bottom of the tank...?
There will certainly be less O2 downthere, check all your parameters...

How old was it?

I checked my Ph Nitrite, ammonia, etc, nothing wrong at all! :(

he was new from the shop on friday...

Have done a 50% water change and dome some gravel hoovering and the others seem happier now...hope that it was just him, but I really hate it when they die! :'(

Are you a fishy breeder geeza? said:
I checked my Ph Nitrite, ammonia, etc, nothing wrong at all! :(

he was new from the shop on friday...

Have done a 50% water change and dome some gravel hoovering and the others seem happier now...hope that it was just him, but I really hate it when they die! :'(
Maybe it was just shock or stress or even a bad fish - it happens... :(

Keep persevering - corys are great fish!

Yeah, I think it might have been...I love them, they are sorta trial corys, they are going in my new tank I think when it is finished cycling, cause I can get more, want some panda's they are soo :wub: the two remaining corys seem happy enough, one is really lazy and kinda hangs around restin on leafs, etc, then when the other one comes along it suddenly things "crikey, bet look busy, she;s coming!" and starts moving again....think that he is ok, not sure what was wrong, but I did get a bit concerned when he started looking dead too...ahh well...live and learn....! :D

Most reactions

Back