Corydora covered in red splotches

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

lovely to see a happy ending! :) She really does look so much better so fast, that's really great!

OP, let your friend know for future reference that stress coat, or any product containing aloe vera, isn't great for any fish, but is particularly bad for labyrinth fish like bettas and gourami. It interferes with their labyrinth organ, so best avoided. Fish are capable of providing their own coating ;)

Also once you've upgraded to a 20 gallon, I'd highly recommend adding another three bronze or albino corydora! (your albinos are the same species as bronze cories, both Corydoras aeneus) so you have a total of six. Cories are a social fish that do best in groups, the more the merrier as far as they're concerned! So a minimum of six is best really. They'll feel a lot more secure in a little group, and show shoaling and playing behaviours that you're less likely to see with only 2-3 together. It's truly adorable when you see a group of them swimming around together.
Also kudos for switching to sand for them, they'll definitely appreciate that! And the tank upgrade.

Congrats on your graduation! :drinks:

lovely to see a happy ending! :) She really does look so much better so fast, that's really great!

OP, let your friend know for future reference that stress coat, or any product containing aloe vera, isn't great for any fish, but is particularly bad for labyrinth fish like bettas and gourami. It interferes with their labyrinth organ, so best avoided. Fish are capable of providing their own coating ;)

Also once you've upgraded to a 20 gallon, I'd highly recommend adding another three bronze or albino corydora! (your albinos are the same species as bronze cories, both Corydoras aeneus) so you have a total of six. Cories are a social fish that do best in groups, the more the merrier as far as they're concerned! So a minimum of six is best really. They'll feel a lot more secure in a little group, and show shoaling and playing behaviours that you're less likely to see with only 2-3 together. It's truly adorable when you see a group of them swimming around together.
Also kudos for switching to sand for them, they'll definitely appreciate that! And the tank upgrade.

Congrats on your graduation! :drinks:
Iā€™m definitely planning on adding some more Corys and probably one or two more ember tetras once the new tankā€™s ready. And iā€™m meeting up with my friend tomorrow, so iā€™ll let him know about the issue with Stresscoat then.

My corys really do seem to prefer the sand! For the first few days after I added it, it looked like they were playing in it with how they were tossing/moving it around. And no more broken whiskers, so thatā€™s definitely an improvement!

Thank you! :D

Most reactions

trending

Back