Cory update and questions

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ShannonBobanen

Reaction score
Just an update on the sick cory that was abandoned. He is much better now! Eating regularly, breathing normal, fins growing back, and no red sores! 😁 I didn’t think he was going to make it. Now to find him some friends and move him to his new tank. I’m not a fish expert so what do y’all recommend for fish friends and tank size? Thanks!

Attachments

• 13AEBAEA-AFA4-4741-B7CC-8617D25C8DC8.png
    13AEBAEA-AFA4-4741-B7CC-8617D25C8DC8.png
    367.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 92FE184B-D8A4-4422-A3F0-8DAA34E15490.jpeg
    92FE184B-D8A4-4422-A3F0-8DAA34E15490.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 56
I’m not a fish expert so what do y’all recommend for fish friends and tank size? Thanks!
Good to see.
For friends, get more of the same species...at least five would be good.
As for tank size, get the biggest you can afford and take it from there.

Agree. The more cories in the group, the less stress they will have and that means better health. Minimum numbers for the group are often asked, but one must remember that the more you can have the better. Five or six coreis are better than one--but 9 or 12 cories, much better still. Group size does make a huge difference to fish health when it comes to what we term shoaling (some call it schooling) fish species. Tank size obviously factors in, but if you cannot provide what the fish require, then it is best not to have that species because they cannot "make do" and their health will suffer, always.

Agree. The more cories in the group, the less stress they will have and that means better health. Minimum numbers for the group are often asked, but one must remember that the more you can have the better. Five or six coreis are better than one--but 9 or 12 cories, much better still. Group size does make a huge difference to fish health when it comes to what we term shoaling (some call it schooling) fish species. Tank size obviously factors in, but if you cannot provide what the fish require, then it is best not to have that species because they cannot "make do" and their health will suffer, always.
Thanks for the advice 🙂

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back