Cory seems sick

that's blood from an injury.
do a big water change and gravel clean to reduce pathogens in the water and it should clear up by itself.

Sorry for yet more questions, but besides this one sick cory, if you've been having this same issue of losing fish after a month or so, then there's something else going on, and I'd like to try to help resolve it, I see you say you're sick of it, and I understand completely how frustrating it must be! But there's likely a remedy. Questions first though;

What's the complete stocking of the tank currently? What species of fish, and how many of each?

Tank temperature? C.paleatus need cooler water than most tropical fish tanks are kept at. That isn't the cause of the injuries and damage on this one in the video clips, but may contribute to stressing out and losing those peppered cories if you originally had more than the two.

Would you mind taking a short 1-2 minute video that shows the whole tank, please? Like just pan over gradually so we can see the set up/plants/fish, and potentially spot any other issues that may be contributing.

Sorry for yet more questions, but besides this one sick cory, if you've been having this same issue of losing fish after a month or so, then there's something else going on, and I'd like to try to help resolve it, I see you say you're sick of it, and I understand completely how frustrating it must be! But there's likely a remedy. Questions first though;

What's the complete stocking of the tank currently? What species of fish, and how many of each?

Tank temperature? C.paleatus need cooler water than most tropical fish tanks are kept at. That isn't the cause of the injuries and damage on this one in the video clips, but may contribute to stressing out and losing those peppered cories if you originally had more than the two.

Would you mind taking a short 1-2 minute video that shows the whole tank, please? Like just pan over gradually so we can see the set up/plants/fish, and potentially spot any other issues that may be contributing.

There are 8 black phantom tetras and 2 peppered corydoras
Tank temperature?
Tank is 25degreesC right now. It usually is warmer in summer and cooler in winter. Temperature is at 23 degrees c

Tank temperature? Is actually 26 degrees. The room is hot. The heater goes on when it is 24 degrees

I have java fern attached to drift wood brought from the shop and a decoration that has been broken and glued with super glue. There are 3 smaller bits of wood with java attached. The tank is 70litres. Has gravel at the bottom. I'm not sure what else to say?

One of the corydoras is just moving from place to place and staying there for some time. It doesn't even really get interested in foid

Maybe missed it byt what are they fed ?
Sorry to say but the substrate is unsuitable for Corys.
They are fed novo tabs and bug bites.
How do I change the gravel. Shall I put sand in it. I had sand for the frog but the frog ate it but I can get sand from the shop if that would be better. It's probably to bigger job for me to empty the tank but I could do it. Just don't know where I'd put the fish?

They are fed novo tabs and bug bites.
How do I change the gravel. Shall I put sand in it. I had sand for the frog but the frog ate it but I can get sand from the shop if that would be better. It's probably to bigger job for me to empty the tank but I could do it. Just don't know where I'd put the fish?
I could put the fish in a bucket of water, syphon out as much as I can then take the gravel out. Then pour the sand into the tank with a little bit of water and wait for it to float to the bottom of the tank. What do you think?

Corydoras are nocturnal, the fish is probably trying to sleep.

The black phantom tetras are displaying so that usually means the water is good.

Most reactions

Back