Cory Questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

InaneCathode

Fishaholic
Reaction score
10g planted (java moss and fern) tank:
My biggest of 4 cories has come down with something in the past few days. It's whiskers suddenly got alot shorter, and curly. Its left fin is eroded down the middle a bit, its dorsal fin the same. I also saw it act a little weird, it got up to swim a bit and it kinda cramped up to one side/twitched a bit, then settled back down. Otherwise, its doing ok, eating well (as far as i can tell) breathing normally, and acting generally ok.
All of the other cories are fine, their whiskers are all their normal long length, no fin issues, eating ok, and not twitching randomly.
All the water params are normal, and the other tank mate is a betta (hes not bothering them at all, doesnt even get startled when they gulp next to him).

I also have some other cory questions.

Whats the best food for them? I've been feeding them algae wafers and frozen bloodworms (off and on as a treat like).

How do you sex them? They all look the same more or less, some a little bit more rotund than the rest.

Do cories have noses? When i look real carefully from a side view, it looks like they have a pair of tiny translucent tubes just below their eyes sticking out a bit.

Can you see when a cory is well fed? All of mine (save for the sick one a bit, and my emo one that seems to like to hang out at the back by himself) have a little blue/green 'pot belly' sticking out a bit.

One more: My emo cory (likes to hang out by himself, somewhat inactive but otherwise healthy) looks different than my other cories. He's, so to say, 'more red' than my other ones. He's almost more 'see through' i guess than the others. Hes also alot smaller, and doesnt have the blue/green pot belly. Unless its feeding time he tends to hang out away from the others, and absolutely loves cruising the glass. Whats his deal?

one of my albinos did this and then the next day died, i don't know what you can do. you could try a bacterial med.

i feed my corys sinking pellets and they really like live bloodworms

the females are fatter and more rounded than the males

i dont know if they have noses

a well fed cory is one that eats, they eat until they are full

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back