cory not taking the gulp of air?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kevin007

Hmmm...cories
Reaction score
my cories don't go up to the top and take the gulp of air anymore? is there anything wrong?

oh and my cories are going crazy in the tank, going every where, like they are crazy or something, ???

i have had some of the cories for 3 months and some are 1 week new, but i reconise that the one that is not taking the gulp of air is my old ones, they have been like that since the 3 months? could it be that my air pump is good enough?

i jut changed the water this wednesday -_-

Hi kevin0007 :)

Actually, that is normal cory behavior. They are not labyrinth fish like gouramis and bettas. They do have the ability to absorb air through their intestines, but they do not have to do this on a regular basis. :no:

As for swimming all around, do you mean they go back and forth across the glass, perhaps all together? If so, it's normal behavior for corys, especially young ones.
As long as it is something that looks like something that they want to do, it's good. Now if you have one spinning out of control, then it is a problem and a different matter entirely.

As long as your tank is not overcrowded and is cleaned well and often, your corys should remain in good health. :D

Most reactions

Back