cory discoloration

arj

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i recently bought a couple of cory's and noticed that the bronze cory has started losing its colour, going sort of translucent/pinkish with a small amount of its original colour in the middle... is this weird? btw the aquarium is very new and has only been running for just over a week...

Well, our LFS did the readings for us yesterday, and said that everything was all fine, so i'm assuming that they are right.

does anyone else know anything?

Hi arj :)

I don't know what this could be, but as a general rule when it comes to corys, when something looks wrong it never hurts to do some major water changes.

There is more to consider than just chemicals in the water; there is also bacteria that can cause infections and they will not show up in your routine water testing. Corys are especially susceptible to bacterial infections and while this is not normally a symptom of them, and could well be nothing bad at all, a good water changes and a thorough bottom cleaning would be worth trying. :)

Please let us know what happens with this.

Cories seem to get all pale when they're really freaked out (i.e. getting moved to a new location). I would think he'd be used to the new aquarium within a few days though.

oh, right, cool. i think that would be more likely then, though i will clean the tank soon.

Most reactions

Back