Cory Colour Morphs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ParadiseGuerrero

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was thinking of adding some corydoras to my tank once I've changed it to sand, i was wondering if colour morphs of the same species differenciate between themselves. I know it best to have atleast 6 cories so i was thinking get 10 and i decided on Bronze because of all the colour morphs they have( i have checked - they are all Corydoras aneus). So if i got say- 1x albino, 1x black, 2x orange strip and 6x normal bronze would they all just act like they are a group of bronze? I know that differant coloured guppies and platies etc. just make one group but i was wondering if it worked diferant with cories?

I hope that makes sence and I'll be glad of any information you can give

The biggest trouble that I would see with making a mix llke this of coloour morphs is for the potential for them to breed. That might sound like fun but in reality you would have no way of knowing just how the young would eventully turn out. Most if not all colour morphs of any species have taken people years to develop and fine tune and breed true. And personally even through they may all be aneus I suspect that they still wont "school" properly like they would being all one colour/ variety nor do I think the group would look as impressive. It is sort of like a garden where somebody has put one of every colour flower but thier neighbor has done the same garden using only one or two colours I know for a fact which garden is going to beat the other garden in votes everytime and its not the multicoloured hodge-podge.

I added some albino aeneus to my tank containing bronze aeneus, figuring since they are the same species they would all school together. I was wrong. The bronze hang with the bronze, the albino with the albino.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back